Grand Tour of Switzerland

Home Forums General Non RS Chat Grand Tour of Switzerland

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

Hi there chaps,

With the new mutant Corona Virus variant we are set back to square one again. The closing of borders is deleterious to our economy and our social life. British travellers in particular are now suffering from stranding in airports and quarantine in Swiss ski resorts. Christmas is becoming a nightmare. We sympathise with you.

We will all keep up. We will not surrender. More and more people will get a jab and, hopefully, brighter days will soon be ahead.

In the meanwhile let us dream about a grand day out with our beloved RS. Here is a video to cheer you up. Take care.

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Frenk, thanks for sharing the video. Things are certainly not good at the moment for traveling. Stay safe keep well.

Honorary Member

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Nice one Frenk ! I noticed that Mazda had a bit of slow speed veering steering at the beginning ! and must have been in Electric mode with zero RPM on the tacho too ! the ride looked very smooth so I guess it must of had a DSC controller fitted eh !!??

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

@71-bda: Well spotted Mike! 😉

The video was made by an advertising agency for the Swiss tourism industry. Hence the fake Mazda dashboard and the slow speed. I guess you didn’t get the point of the DSC right. It actually allows higher speeds. Just wait and see when I am back on these epic roads with my RS and the dash cam. The video would be a bit blurred though, I’m afraid. 60 frames per second ain’t quick enough for my driving style 😎

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

Jamieandsamcars
    Participant

UK - England

@Frenk it’s not good what’s happening in the world right now but I look forward to the day when we can travel the world again without care.

My RS used to live and work in Switzerland Grabenakerstrasse. The car was serviced at Emil Frey I don’t know if you know it.

Hopefully I can get back to Switzerland and drive those roads.

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

@Jamieandsamcars: Of course I know Emil Frey, one of the two biggest car importers along with AMAG. Grabenackerstrasse is only 10 minutes away from my home.

I wish you can come back to Switzerland one sunny day. I’m sure it’ll be more relaxed than for those poor fellas trapped up in Verbier.

rainydays
    Participant

Luxembourg

I used drive quite often towards Lausanne and my choice of scenery has been the Gotthard pass.
    I recall I hit such a big traffic jam once that I got stuck for 2 hours.
    Someone up there loved me because my GPS for some reason chose a route between some small villages towards Lausanne and it had the most beautiful twisties I have seen in Switzerland. My partner got sick on the right side because of my eagerness to carve those turns.

Nitrous Blue Dyno Tuned @ 600 NM | Wagner Tuning – Competition IC | REVO Carbon CAI | 

HJS 200 Cell Sportkat | Remus Cat-back | SS Black Chrome Tailpipes

Fischer-Hydraulik SS Brake Lines | Endless RF 650 Brake Fluid | Endless ME20 Pads F+R (squeak king)

Rotors: TSP XG150 – DBA 5000 T3 SLOT | DBA 4000 T3 SLOT | Suspension: MR – KW Clubsport 2 way with H&R ARB F+R

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

@rainydays: I am sure you enjoyed the alpine roads. The RS was born there. It’s in its genes to drive on these serpentines.

But you’re right, travelling during summer on weekends can be a real nightmare and not worth the trip. Many people suffer from panic on such roads and slow down. Normal cars do not help either. I had the luck to travel to Italy and back on week days. When you hear the turbo whistle at 6’000 rpm and you peak at – off the record – 160 km/h it’s just pure thrill. There you really feel the capabilities of this car in track or drift mode, as johnybigarms mentioned. And yes, you better be alone in the car 😉

Cheers, drive safe 😎

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Grand Tour of Switzerland. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!