Handy place to keep a tool

Home Forums General Picture & Video Gallery Handy place to keep a tool

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

kr1s
    Participant

UK - England

kr1s
    Participant

UK - England

I drove 40 miles with this in place.
    luckily I spotted it before I started to look for it. Good job it hadn’t moved !

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@kr1s, how lucky were you, that certainly could have been serious

Honorary Member

Eruliaf
    Participant

UK - England

Your bonnet release certainly looks happy for you

grunty-motor
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Cant believe you dont colour code your tools to the car

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

Need one of these

May the Ford be with you

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

Tools, a bloody nighmare with a mind of their own, seen these incidents reported in trade magazines over the years and 2 from experience.

Chuck keys can be thrown 30ft and still go through a glass window if you leave them in the chuck. (Witnessed)

A socket left in a jet engine cowl makes a lot of noise and creates impressive flames when started (£2,000,000 damage)

A hacksaw left on a bus bar  in HV switchgear cause switchgear to make a lot of noise, sparks and smoke.

A spanner left under the seat of a Pitt’s Special (aerobatic stunt plane) can hurt your teeth a lot if you do a loop.

When working on the top of a large transformer, make sure Tools are tied on to you, if they drop into the transformer they are virtually impossible to recover, took 2 days to recover a Allen key, required a very creative solution involving plastic pipe, endoscope, epoxy resin and lots of swearing. Magnets no good as stick to case and core.

May the Ford be with you

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Working in control panels at this height is no fun 🙁

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

Wheres that Gareth?

I can sympathise with the tools issues! When I were a lad, learning engineering in college, I left a chuck key in the chuck of a lathe and then set the speed to God knows what (probably 1000rpm or so), then turned it on. Lecturer wasn’t happy about the resulting hole in the wall!

NB FPM375

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

This thread reminded me when I had my 92 Honda Civic and decided to bring it to the dealership  to get some stuff done.

The tech forgot a 3 foot flathead screw driver wedge on the belts….. 😑

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@stu-c at the time it was called the millennium stadium…. When i done my mechanical, it happened a few times in the workshop (mainly on purpose,  as there were some right idiots in my year 🤣) another favourite would be to turn off your magnet on the surface grinder 😧….. and oxy bombs!

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

I just helped my nephew install a set of Fortune 500 on his MazdaSpeed 6 last weekend. I did an audit with the tools (sockets, ratchets, extentions. etc.)

good thing we have all of it.

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

Sometimes I wonder how engineers make it to retirement years ago, this is why you need good procedures and risk assessment in place

I have used this video to warn people of the risks and hazards associated with oxyacetylene or other flammable gas cylinders. Always and I mean always secure a cylinder so it cannot fall over and knock the regulator off.

Make your ears ring a bit.

May the Ford be with you

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Handy place to keep a tool. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!