Head gasket.

Home Forums General Newbie Head gasket.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Captain slow
    Participant

UK - England

Hi folks. My brothers RS has had the dreaded head gasket recall.

Before it goes in has anyone in the Worcestershire area had theirs done and could recommend the dealer at all? The car has only done 2500 and is in mint condition and he’s concerned it won’t come back quite the same.

Looking for reccomendations/ good feedback really.

Thanks

paul-m
    Participant

UK - England

I would recommend a trip to Jacksons Ford, Henley- in- Arden. Well worth the 60 odd mile round trip.

Captain slow
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks for the reply, did you have yours done there?

paul-m
    Participant

UK - England

No, they came recommended on this forum after I had mine done but now use them for all work on my RS even though I live in Gloucestershire.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

how come its been recalled like nearly 3 years after the recall ended?

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

webby
    Participant

UK - England

I’d recommend Jackson Ford had my head gasket done the second time there I live in Northamptonshire worth the 120 mile round trip 👍

Captain slow
    Participant

UK - England

It was recalled earlier but my brother became unwell so it wasn’t taken care of at the time. The recent discovery of the recall paperwork has set the wheels in motion.

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Another Jackson Ford vote, only place I’ll take my RS to, or other cars for a decent job.   Get Hunter 4 wheel alignment done while it’s in.

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

Kimberley Atkinson
    Participant

UK - England

Could i ask if Ford are fronting the cost of the replacement? The reason i ask is mine is currently with out local dealer and they are refusing to pay towards the recall, due to it being “out of time”, even though we didnt own the car when the original date end and on all websites its not shown as a recall model, along with the ford garage that we purchased it from claimed it had already been done…..it hadnt!

Smokin Joe
    Participant

UK - England

@KimberleyAtkinson, I believe the cut off was 2019, mines in a local Ford garage and the garage I bought the car and extended from are saying it’s not covered under there warranty and he’s not replying to any emails from the Ford garage where my car currently is……………Yesterday I opened a case with Ford customer services so you could try them, there number is 020 3564 4444

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMMN6WxIREcNGljuqrLTKFg

Joe

Nitrous Blue

M380

Rally Armour Flaps

Scorpion Sports Cat/Exhaust

TRC’s

Mountune Billet Short Shifter

Airtec Intercooler

Velossa Tech Big Mouth Ram Air

Captain slow
    Participant

UK - England

Hi, I spoke to my brother earlier and he said Ford are paying the whole amount, as it’s a recall there is no time limit.

Mark Pitt
    Participant

UK - England

Another vote for Jackson Ford – a 130 mile round trip for me but definitely worth it – I have had all my 3 annual services plus the Mountune 375FM warranty approved upgrade carried out by them PLUS the head gasket recall and loan car. They are brilliant from the receptionists right through the workshop Manager and the workshop technicians – all round first class service and I have no hesitation in recommending them.

Cheers  Mark

Captain slow
    Participant

UK - England

Thank you for the recommendations.

Car is now booked in with Jackson Ford👍🏻

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Mine was done after the so called cut off…. wish i hadn’t bothered tho

Captain slow
    Participant

UK - England

GM

Why is that?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Head gasket.. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!