Hello πŸ‘‹

Home Forums General Newbie Hello πŸ‘‹

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

jaymc
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Hi, just joined up. Not an RS owner yet but I’m looking at a few.

Regarding the recall for the head gasket, is their a web site I can put the reg number in to see if it’s been done or do I need to contact ford? Also if I get one and the recall hasn’t been carried out is it just a case of contacting my local ford dealer and getting it done?

Thanks

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Jason, hi and welcome, with regards to the FSA head gasket work if you have a registration number then go on Ford’s web site and use Etis system it will tell you any outstanding recalls.
    It is a long way to travel but mine is up for sale and it is one very well care for car. I only sold it but of declining health issues.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202110088284869?sort=relevance&year-to=2021&aggregatedTrim=RS&radius=1500&make=Ford&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=Used&include-delivery-option=on&advertising-location=at_cars&model=Focus&colour=Black&postcode=nr47sy&page=3

Honorary Member

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by bobcat.

jaymc
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Thanks, that’s a lovely car and the colour I’d have, bit my missus is going to use it more than me and she’s got her heart set on either blue or white. I’ll give etis a try, thanks

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome to the forum @Jason

I still smile everytime I drive mine and I’ve owned it since new on a 17 plate. If you need anymore help please post it on here there are lots of very knowledgeable members.

BTW Bobcat’s RS is a very well looked after car and in first class condition. 😊

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by red-leader.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Jason.. Nitrous Blue ( British Gas van blue with sparkle 😎 )  5500+ units in the UK

Frozen WhiteΒ  approx 900 units…

Nuff Said !

Bob, I thought you had sold yours a while back? then up there it says its for sale, and a line further on says you sold it. Oh, I trust you are well mate too !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Hi and welcome Jason, sometimes a cars condition and provenance trumps what colour you want. On a checklist Bobcats car needs at least a consideration. And I know from personal experience this car has not been modified. So worth a look and if you can compromise on the colour it would be a good choice.

Coastliner

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Bda, yes I sold to the dealership who have moved it on. I am keeping track of it, hoping it goes to someone who is going to look after it πŸ˜ΊπŸ‘ I am ok thanks, good days and not so good days.

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Honorary Member

jaymc
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Thanks guys πŸ‘

Pauly Paul
    Participant

Hi & welcome to the family, as folks have stated you wouldn’t find a better example than bobcats , good luck anyway.πŸ‘πŸ‘

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome Jason,

My advice would be don’t rush in and buy the first one you see as I’m sure you’ll love it.

Regarding the head gasket, as Bob says, just check ETIS but you can physically check by feeling/looking for the brass rivet on the front right hand side of the head when viewed from the front of the car.

NB FPM375

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

Alllo!

srea064
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome aboard πŸ‘

Steve – Magnetic Grey – Sold.

Hope to join Bobcat as an Honorary Member?!?

v8marshal
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome.

RS@WUB
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Hello πŸ‘‹. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!