Hello!

Home Forums General Newbie Hello!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author

lucienight
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Everyone

I’m Lucie, and I’m new here.

Currently looking for a RS to buy so hopefully it won’t be too long until I actually own one! I’m a bit picky though so it might be a longer process than I would like. Why did so few people get the heated seats option?! I’m the coldest person in the world so it’s an important feature for me!

Hopefully I’ll be able to share photos of my new car here before too long. I have a Fiesta ST-2 at the moment so it will be a nice upgrade for me.

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome along👍

Funnily enough my wife (who’s also a woman) is picky to! 🤔😉

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Hi and welcome 👍 good luck with your search hope you find what you are looking for soon 😺👍

Honorary Member

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

I am not sure if the bucket seats has heating elements in it.

You might be stuck with the regular seats or get a heating element from a standard seats and transplant it to a bucket seat.

Not even sure if you prefer the bucket seats.

Welcome!

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Lucie, not many men ordered the heated seats because real men know that to keep the tackle and tadpoles in perfect condition men should not heat their man garden area at all. Also, real RS’s come with pukka front ( and upgraded rear seats) namely the Recaro C.S   ‘shell’ seats, and these were not available as a heated bum option because FORD and Recaro know too that real men don’t heat their arses by choice and even in the coldest of UK winters where it might dip below zero for half an hour a year they are manly and tough enough to sit on an upholstered seat at ambient temperature until their own heat source ( arse) warms the seat up. I would recommend a nice bowl of ReadyBrekk  (porridge) on cold mornings and maybe partake of some regular exercise to increase ones circulation, possibly investing in one of Ian Bothams gadgets advertised on Tv to help circulation. Innit, or get a nice shetland wool blanky to sit on !!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Hi and welcome contrary to what 71-BDA says some of us including me opted for the standard seats with the winter pack option, so I have heated seats and steering wheel.

Coastliner

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

coast, but we all know you like to have all the options on the order form ticked ! Male fertility in Sweden dropped the very year Volvo introduced heated seat options to their cars ! I think they started shooting blanks and began having trouble identifying what sex they actually were ! Be warned !! 😎

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@lucie, hope you like banter 🤣😂🤣😂🤣 it’s rife on here 😹😹😹👍

Honorary Member

srea064
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome aboard Lucie, hopefully you will find a MK3 RS soon. Apart from the seats, what other options are you after?

Forged wheels look great, but only on certain colours. Sync 3 is also a better infotainment system, but if the spec and mileage is right, don’t let it be a deal breaker.

Good luck with your search.

Steve – Magnetic Grey – Sold.

Hope to join Bobcat as an Honorary Member?!?

JohnD
    Participant

UK - England

Was the ‘Winter pack’ a fairly late option, anyway?   It certainly wasn’t an option when I ordered mine back in 2015 (Delivered in late 2016)   I wouldn’t have ordered it anyway and don’t even start me on the heated steering wheel!!

There are mixed opinions regarding the ‘shell’ seats.  I spec’d the standard seats as I thought the missus would prefer them – certainly as a passenger.  My son spec’d the shell seats on his, but on sitting in my car came to the conclusion he could have used the extra grand they cost for something else!

Welcome Lucie.

JohnD

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by JohnD.

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Lucie, welcome to the forum. Best of luck finding a suitable RS, just take your time and buy the one that’s right for you. Heated seats and steering wheel are a very nice option to go for.

1234enough
    Participant

UK - England

Heated seats & stearing wheel are lovely on mine, nice in the cold to warm ones posterior and hands, other option is obviously be like the real men on here and wear a puffa jacket & driving gloves

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@JohnD

I ordered mine in October 2015, no winter pack listed or offered, however around June July 2016 it became an option, my car hadn’t gone into build at that time so I added it to the options I had already selected. Car was built late September and I took delivery late November 13 months after order placed. A bonus was I have SYNC3 because of the late September build.

@71-bda

That explains a lot, can’t make up my mind if I am Stephen or Stephanie.

Coastliner

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome Lucie

Good hunting for the RS with the specification you want….. it’s out there somewhere

loads of good advice on here with loads of banter

May the Ford be with you

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

The shell seats were a must have for me. I have the heated steering wheel option too but tbh the number of times I’ve used it can be counted on one hand!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Hello!. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!