Hello & do's and dont's

Home Forums General Newbie Hello & do's and dont's

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Ric Law
    Participant

United Kingdom

Hi all

been given a ETA of 10th dec

would appreciate some advice on new ownership

things like:

ive negociated a 50% discount on first service, shall I change for a 1k oil change

does it need a run in period, if so, what rev limit etc

Heard there’s a mountune oil plate that helps with oil consumption, shall I get this ASAP.

is it super unleaded only?

dealer offered tyre insurance any thoughts on this?

thanks

Ric Law
    Participant

United Kingdom

Help a newbie out pls ☺️

jmartin
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Ric

Would recommend an oil and filter change at 1K.

Lots of differing opinions on the run in period. Probably best not to red line it out of the Ford garage though!

I’ve heard from UK Mountune they are working on a breather and baffled sump system. Not released yet though. Breather plate on the US site is out of stock.

Would only go with super unleaded. Think most people agree that Shell is the best.

Tyre insurance is good if you plan on having a puncture…… Or drive over a few nails before you get to limit on the tyre insurance….

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Ric,

I agree with Jeremy, I would add you check the tyre pressures regularly the FRS I very sensitive if they go out also check oil level about every 500 miles. Quick shift as you go up though the gears keeping the revs down for at least he first 1000 miles. Happy motoring take it easy and enjoy ?

Honorary Member

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

hi Ric, ive heard that FORD may be changing the oil service interval to 5000 miles instead of the 12000? so would not bother with one at a 1000 miles, todays engines will not be leaving loads of metal particles in the oil so nothing to worry about. Dont drive it too slowly or too fast , vary the load and thats it. regular 95 octane is fine if you are not going to be full chat all the time, I will probably run in on 95 octane, the extra 3 octane is really only any use on full throttle or under heavy load, you wont have that while running in. Its a ‘world car’ and is intended to be used on most available octane grades in the regions it is sold. The baffle plate has been found most useful in cars that are cornered at high speed like on a trackday, not needed for std everyday use. ( cornering fast pushes the oil up to meet the spinning crank and causes a load of extra oil mist in the crankcase which would then go into breather system, also why its vital not to over fill the engine)  |tyre insurance? have you ever needed it?   No, nor have I, so I wouldn’t bother!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

muzzie
    Participant

UK - England

Check your tyre pressures, mine were over inflated, even after I told the dealer to check..

Ric Law
    Participant

United Kingdom

Thanks for the reply’s guys

Appreciated

what psi do you run, Manufacturers recommended?

rsjas070
    Participant

UK - England

I took it easy for the first 1000 miles didn’t go above 4k and never loaded the engine up or made it labour, I got the oil changed at 1000 miles free as negotiated that when I bought the car. I will get the oil dropped every 6k miles regardless as turbo cars do destroy oil and 12k is just to long to leave an oil change in my opinion especially if you drive the car hard. Let it warm up both oil and water just because the water temp is up doesn’t mean the oil is always check both gauges before absolutely ringing its neck. After a hard run take it easy for the last mile to let the cars mechanical parts turbo etc have a cooling off.

Just my opinion and I have had many turbo charged RS cars I follow what I know and have never had any major engine or mechanical failures due to being a gorilla when the cars cold, my rule is simple just be mechanically sympathetic before the cars engine and drivetrain is up to temp.

Enjoy the car mate they are an absolute scream and make you grin like a little kid with a new toy every time you step on the loud pedal 🙂

J

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks for the reply’s guys

Appreciated

what psi do you run, Manufacturers recommended?

41psi Front and 38psi when set cold Manufacturers settings

Honorary Member

howsey
    Blocked

UK - Wales

I was planning on screwing the **** out of it, and hoping it didn’t blow up. That’s just me though.

rsjas070
    Participant

UK - England

Howsey your a lunatic lol

whens your pick up date matey ?

TubsRs
    Participant

UK - Scotland

I am running about 38psi front 36psi  on the back

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Hello & do's and dont's. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!