Hello from a newbie

Home Forums General Newbie Hello from a newbie

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author

PhilAB1
    Participant

UK - England

Hi all, wanted a fast ford since I was a young lad 35 years ago when I used to see a Sierra 4×4 on my street. I have test driven a variety of cars recently such as new Type R and the Hyundai N performance but I have fallen totally for the focus RS 🙂

Just a few quick questions.

1. With the engine recall does this affect 17 and 18 reg RS’s?
    2.  And are sunroof’s a plus or a minus?

Thanks in advance.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@phil, hi and welcome ?

Honorary Member

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Hi,

I have a sunroof is good for the extra light in the cabin.

Coastliner

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Sun Roof every time ?

Honorary Member

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

sun roof = Awesome pop and bag’s with no wind when cracked on tilt ?

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

@Phil welcome to the forum and I hope you find your dream RS, soon. ??

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@PhilAB1

Hello and Welcome to the Club mate!! The RS is an Awesome Motor, a real drivers car and it’s no surprise that you’ve fallen for it!! Hopefully you’ll find one soon and become a proud RS Owner!! What colour you thinking about getting??

MY 17’s and 18’s affected by Head Gasket recall. I’d have thought they’d nearly all have been done by now, you can check for a vehicle’s outstanding recalls on the Ford ETIS website. You can also physically check if the Head Gasket has been replaced.

As for a Sunroof, I don’t have one but if I picked again I’d probably get one, purely for hearing my Exhaust better, I tend to drive around with my back windows cracked an inch or 2, lol!! Can’t help it mate, the sound from my Remus System is awesome!! ??.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

paul-m
    Participant

UK - England

Hi and welcome Phil, I decided against a sunroof when I ordered my car  because at 6 ft 2″ I wasn’t certain if it restricted headroom inside.

Ian Barker
    Participant

United Kingdom

Hi and welcome Phil

Fully forged running M400x

alloy
    Participant

UK - England

Phil it’s better being on the dark side no sun roof…..

PhilAB1
    Participant

UK - England

Sorry I have not replied back, had a right old journey. I originally planned to get a sports car in about 9 months time. However, after driving one I just totally fell in love with it. An unbelievable drive, I saw an 18 plate in white (probably my favourite colour with a sunroof), I drove 100 miles to view to see if as described. I also wanted to take some measurements as I was concerned it would not fit in my garage. When I arrived I got the hard sell that someone has offered full price etc and I would have to act fast. I thought they were bullshitting and explained it was difficult to decide as I knew it would go in my garage but I was not sure i would be able to get out. I asked the garage to look me in the eye and promise on his reputation that he was being honest about another buyer. After an hour of looking over the car and talking with the better half I decided to be spontaneous and put down a deposit. When I got home I spent house measuring my garage and putting my corsa in and seeing if I could get out. After hours of deliberating with my friends I didnt think I could get it in. contacted dealer same evening and informed him. He said the other buyer has brought another car that same afternoon. I said this seems a little far fetched and said I feel treated poorly. He then threatened me with his solicitors. He said I never mentioned garage although I spent 15 mins in front of him  with a tape measure checking width etc and planning on a drawing. So i am 250 worse off and have decided to buy another house so I can fit one in 😉

garage is 2320 mm wide and focus is 1858 with mirrors in which give me 462 mm (46 cm). So I would have to pull car in 16cm away from wall to leave me 30cm to get out. Has anyone got one in a garage this small and actually get out (I am waist size 32 – 5foot 8 tall)

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by PhilAB1.

alloy
    Participant

UK - England

32 inch wait at your age Young man…..

alloy
    Participant

UK - England

Glasses required to check spelling.

32 inch waist at your age Young Man

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@phil, just a thought, would you not have the same issue trying to fit a type R or an Hyundai N performance into your garage as they are within a whisker the same size. Hope you do go for the RS you’ll not regret it. Just make sure you have got good security on it.

Honorary Member

alloy
    Participant

UK - England

Yeah keep the width of the garage itght and get in and out the sun roof problem solved great security your be fine with a 32 in waist ho ho ho

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Hello from a newbie. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!