Hello From Canada

Home Forums General Newbie Hello From Canada

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Leighton Burge
    Participant

Canada

Hi, I am a new RS owner from Calgary Canada.

I purchased my 2018 Nitrous Blue RS from local dealer Metro Ford about four weeks ago.

I am very excited to begin modifying my new project car, and I’m sure this forum will give me all the information I am going to need.

I will give you a bit of history on my previous car projects.

This isn’t my first Focus, I owned a 2000 MK1 ZX3 silver Focus many years ago, when I finally parted with that Focus it was lowered on FK struts and springs, had an AEM cold air intake and Magnaflow cat back exhaust( this was one of the best sounding cars I’ve ever heard)

A few years ago I picked up a Volvo V70R Wagon, I had installed a pile of IPD parts including a catback exhaust. Unfortunately due to our family dog getting injured I was forced to sell this amazing car to pay vet bills.

Most recently I have been working on a 2008 SAAB 9-3 Aero Xwd Sport Sedan. Powered by a 2.8L Turbocharged V6, with a Stage 1 tune, cat back exhaust, Brembo brakes, Koni Sport yellows, Do88 Intake and pressure pipes all sitting on Enkei M52 wheels with Conti rubber. This car is fantastic, but it was an automatic and always left me wanting more. I was in the middle of vinyl wrapping the SAAB spending every weekend in the garage and not doing family stuff, when my wife asked what would it take to free up my weekends. I jokingly said let me buy my dream car, a few days later we were picking up our RS.

Now I have to decide if the SAAB becomes my winter car or I sell it. It might be hard to sell a half wrapped car with paint that isn’t in great shape.

Thanks for allowing me to join.

2018 RS

Nitrous Blue

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome Leighton , hope you’re enjoying it ! Photos would be cool..

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Hi and welcome Leighton congratulations enjoy and happy RS’ing. We visited Calgary way back in September ‘99 what a fantastic place for you to live??

Honorary Member

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome Leighton and enjoy your RS. Lots of smiles to the mile hopefully.

Ian Barker
    Participant

United Kingdom

Welcome Leighton

Fully forged running M400x

Leighton Burge
    Participant

Canada

2018 RS

Nitrous Blue

Leighton Burge
    Participant

Canada

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I was able to add a photo to my profile, but I but for some reason I wasn’t able to add one here. It will come soon.

2018 RS

Nitrous Blue

Adamski996
    Participant

Canada

Welcome to the forum, spent a few years in Calgary and really enjoyed the RS blasting down the 1A to  Canmore  and what a great car in the snow enjoy drifting

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Glad your enjoying such a fab car and welcome. Any photos of the new toy?

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

adh1964
    Participant

UK - Wales

welcome Leighton best colour too. saw my first red in Swansea two days ago with a cracking number plate had a mans name on it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Hello From Canada. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!