Hello from Chicago, USA

Home Forums General Newbie Hello from Chicago, USA

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Z K
    Participant

USA

Hello all! Just a quick introductory post! Joining the forum/community from Chicago, USA.

Already liked the fb page and followed the twitter feed as well.

I ordered my RS back in February-ish, and recently received a VIN and initial build date of June 1, 2016. Checking ETIS tonight I notice that “Build Date: 31.05.2016” is showing up, which I hope means good news!!!

Looking forward to all the RSes hitting the streets!!!

2016 Ford Focus RS
    Frozen White — RS2 Package — Moonroof   (Took Delivery 07/16/2016)

Mountune Quick Shift — TurboSmart Dual Port BOV — AEM Air Filter — Debadged

howsey
    Blocked

UK - Wales

Feb to June?! Congratulations, ZK. I’m beginning to realise why the UK has to wait 18 months – the Americans have them all. Anyway, enjoy your car (God dammit).

howsey
    Blocked

UK - Wales

No really, I hope it’s everything you dreamt of (son of a ……..).

Z K
    Participant

USA

We haven’t had a single private party RS delivered yet, and I know some people have been waiting since autumn of last year.

Plus that is only the build date, it still needs to get cleared and selected to board onto a ship, cross the Atlantic, arrive at port, clear customs and what-not, train over inland, arrive at the dealer, etc, etc, etc…….

Also, it’s my understanding that my dealer already had the allocation in the system, was just pending putting in the final configuration/customization into the order…..but I am not familiar with that part of the process.

Hope you see yours soon, 18 months seems a bit excessive……

2016 Ford Focus RS

howsey
    Blocked

UK - Wales

As long as we’re all suffering together, I don’t mind. I was told 12 months (ordered in April), anyone ordering now is being told as much as 16. Enjoy your car, mate – no, honestly ?.

Z K
    Participant

USA

April and you were able to get an order in for MY2016?

I’ve pinged a couple dealers just to check over the last month, month and a half and they offered placing a order for a 2017 model with no ETA in sight. Guessing and throwing out mid-next-year for delivery.

2016 Ford Focus RS

AJ85_RS
    Participant

USA

Hello from PA! Going reserve the one coming to a nearby dealership soon!

2017 Nitrous Blue RS

Green Filter Air Filter/Borla Catback Exhaust

Z K
    Participant

USA

Hello from PA! Going reserve the one coming to a nearby dealership soon!

You have a local dealership that has an RS ordering coming in and it is still available for purchases?!?!

If that is the case: WOW! That’s a miracle! Are they charging an ADM?

2016 Ford Focus RS

howsey
    Blocked

UK - Wales

Unfortunately I ordered in April of ‘this’ year; I was a little slow on the uptake. I’m guessing I’ll get it May/June 2017.

AJ85_RS
    Participant

USA

ADM? And yes, I went in to check about it being taken and they told me people were just walking out when they told them they didn’t know when it was coming in. It’s a smaller dealer of a company that has 3-4 bigger dealerships within 10 minutes of one another here. So they’re sleeping on it, and this early bird is going to get the worm soon!

2017 Nitrous Blue RS

Z K
    Participant

USA

@howsey AH so similar situation, you ordered a model year 2017

2016 Ford Focus RS

Z K
    Participant

USA

@aj85_rs ADM == Additional Dealer Markup, as in how much extra over MSRP are they charging to get the car?

2016 Ford Focus RS

AJ85_RS
    Participant

USA

The car is Stealth Grey, RS2, 19″ Forged wheels and I believe the MSRP is 41,680…when I built the same setup online, it was actually a few hundred dollars more. I am going to see if I qualify for any rebates, or maybe some deal from them since they can’t move the car.

2017 Nitrous Blue RS

Z K
    Participant

USA

@AJ85_RS DUDE! You are getting a new arriving produced RS for MSRP without a wait, or minimal wait this late in the game! Consider yourself extremely lucky x1000000! These are sold out everywhere, and people have been waiting for months, almost a year, for their orders. Many (including myself) paying an ADM just to be given the opportunity to buy one.

Anyone looking to order one now is looking at a model year 2017 with no ETA in sight whatsoever, but guestimates at around summer of next year!

Either this dealership really is that small, middle-of-nowhere and treating it as simply another car or they are ignorant or I don’t even know. I highly doubt that “they can’t move the car” if they have/will have an RS sitting on showroom floor!

I also can’t believe you are going to try and haggle them down for a deal! Oh man more power to you and I wish you the best of luck! Let us know how it turns out!!!

2016 Ford Focus RS

AJ85_RS
    Participant

USA

Oh they know what they have coming. But of all the dealerships in this companys network(which is HUGE it’s just the smaller of them all), they’re not very in your face. And like I said, they don’t know when its getting built.

I was smart enough to get a build sheet with the price on it, as to avoid mystery markups in the future. And everyone there are very helpful and nice.

The problem is not the dealer, but the people coming in. The salesman told me that people have come in and when they asked when they knew when the car would be there, they left when they got told that they didnt know.

2017 Nitrous Blue RS

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Hello from Chicago, USA. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!