Hello from Hertford, Herts

Home Forums General Newbie Hello from Hertford, Herts

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

fredeng
    Participant

UK - England

Hi guys,

RS delivery in a week (I hope!)

Full spec

Nitrious Blue

Taking to Mountune for FPM375 performance upgrade.

Wrapping roof in Satin Black and having front, rear and side splitters to give the car a lower, more sporty look.

Chrome gel inlays for rear spoiler as well as the blue gel inlays for the wheels.

Needless to say, BUZZING!!!

rsdom
    Participant

UK - Wales

Welcome aboard @fredeng, know how you are feeling mine ready for collection tomorrow, how long have you been waiting out of interest?

Don’t forget to post some pics when you get her ;o)

fredeng
    Participant

UK - England

Thank you!

Exciting! Are you doing any modifications?

I, believe it or not, (people may hate me) was very, VERY fortunate.

I was told that my car was a cancelled order. I ordered it only 3-4 weeks back and should be here next week.

Ive had a Mk3 ST for a year or so and always wanted the RS of course. I called up local dealer and they pretty much had the ideal car and spec I was looking for.

How long have you been waiting? I’ll definitely put some pictures up ?

rsdom
    Participant

UK - Wales

Well have waited 10 long months for mine to arrive…been painful but not long now, mine is NB with everything except sunroof and forged wheelsonly because i prefer the style of the standard wheels but going to get them powder coated

I have ordered the Mountune MP375 kit just waiting for it to arrive at the dealer for fitting and that will be it for me on the power front,  silver blue gel badge for spoiler, Mountune mats, rally armour mudflaps, sports aerial and carbon Recaro decals for the seats.

Lucky to get a cancelled order with the spec you wanted, not long now buddy ;o)

fredeng
    Participant

UK - England

@rsdom isn’t the normal wait around 12 months? Honestly don’t know how people can wait this long!! My 4 weeks waiting so far has honestly felt like 4 months, the excitement is killing me.

Your spec sounds rather tasty indeed. I’m intrigued about the sports aerial and the carbon recaro seat decals, what are they?!

Likewise for you the wait is nearly over.

jacoblfc
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome to the forum! There seem to be quite a few canceled orders around at the moment. I did the same as you but only ordered 2-3 weeks ago. Car was built on 27th Feb and has been at Flushing for just over a week now.  Am hoping it will be here by the end of the month but who knows!!

Out of interest which dealership are you using?

fredeng
    Participant

UK - England

@jacoblfc aren’t we lucky?!

I wonder why people are opting out…

What’s your spec?

Nearest dealership to me that handles RS’s is Harlow. What about you? ?

jacoblfc
    Participant

UK - England

I think some dealers got dummy orders placed last year knowing there would be 6-12 month wait and they were thinking no doubt people like us would  take them nearer to delivery date

I went for Nitrous Blue, painted calipers, lux pack and forged wheels. Was quite picky on spec so ended up using John Grose in Ipswich. Quite far from me also in Herts but must say they have been excellent so far. I work near to Ipswich so not too far to go when collecting.

rsdom
    Participant

UK - Wales

@fredeng was told 12 month wait when I ordered thankfully it’s only been 10 month lol

Recaro seat decals are on the link below, basically attach to the base of the seat so when you open the door you see them, similar to those that were standard on the mk2 RS 500

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FOCUS-MK3-RS-Seat-Plates-Carbon-Wrap-Nitrous-Blue-RECARO-/292047058292?hash=item43ff5c7574:g:ndAAAOSw8w1X2zYO

rsdom
    Participant

UK - Wales

7 RS’s parked up at my dealer on Saturday mostly cancelled orders, salesman mentioned that lots of cancelled orders with him were down to the fact “that some folks aspirations did not match there fiscal position”

fredeng
    Participant

UK - England

@jacoblfc
    Your spec sounds beaut. Make sure you upload a pic! Yeh I suppose what you say is true ref them presuming that. It just so happens though the timing of my call (ie this month) was seemingly perfect. But I shan’t speak too soon as I bet there will be a delay, that’s always the case with these things! Salesman did say week ending 25th March (next Saturday..)
    @rsdom- interesting!!! 7?! I may have to buy a second then ?

jacoblfc
    Participant

UK - England

Ah your dates are pretty much the same that as what I have been told, week ending 25th March.

To be honest my dealer is not very confident it will be here by then because there are just so many cars stuck at Flushing waiting for a boat to UK. Tax increase in April means a lot of people have ordered this month (not just the RS too..)

They have said once car is in the UK they can give an actual delivery date, would expect it will be the same for you.

Your post has reminded me I need to look into the blue inlays for the wheels!!

fredeng
    Participant

UK - England

@jacoblfc

Oh really!  So I imagine our cars are coming over together then.

That’s not overly promising your dealer doesn’t think it’ll be here by then…. to be fair “week ending 25th” is quite vague. To be fair I have already been through this anxious wait once before, my ST3 seemingly took forever and I recall it being stuck and Flushing and it much was being done about it.

Yes go for it, they’re a must. Although I do hear they’re a bit of a bugger to get on! Especially if you have hands like The Big Show ?

jacoblfc
    Participant

UK - England

Time definitely moves slower when you’re waiting for a car to arrive haha – had to wait for my GT86, seemed like the longest 2 months of my life. Have never had a Ford before, I don’t mind the waiting itself it’s just not knowing when! With the 86 the dates were confirmed when ordering and didn’t change at all.

Will be interesting to see if they end up being delivered around the same time or not

fredeng
    Participant

UK - England

@jacoblfc

yeh I can imagine!

What made you chose the RS over the RS3, AMG A45, Golf R?

Yeh thing is with how it’s worded “week ending” it theoretically means our cars could be here Monday! But yup- strongly doubt that. If they came by the 25th needless to say I’d be extremely surprised and delighted!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Hello from Hertford, Herts. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!