Hello from kent

Home Forums General Newbie Hello from kent

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

adams901
    Participant

UK - England

Hi

Don’t own an RS yet but over the last 4 days have decided I need one in my life.

Hopefully with some overtime I can pay off my current car in 3 to 4 months and trade it in.

Are the these cars more at risk of being stolen than other hot hatches?

Is the ride as crashy and harsh as the reviews make out, I will try and get a test drive, but will leave that until I’m ready to actually get one.

Cheers

Mountune recirc valve- Mountune roll restrictor – Mountune SSC – Mountune PTU Brace – Mishimoto induction kit – MSD 400 running at 395bhp – 420lb/ft (according to devil devopments Dyno)

kr1s
    Participant

UK - England

Good choice.

Go to Haynes maidstone.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Firstly welcome, Test drive a must. If you go for one then get a Ghost System fitted if If hasn’t already got it. The ride a drive is not crashy or harsh it’s a true RS ride and handling.

Honorary Member

adams901
    Participant

UK - England

Cheers guys,

Had a quick look on the Haynes maidstone website, they don’t have any RS (might change in a few months when I’m ready).

I did read a bit about ghost, and also a visual deteraent.

Would it also be worth fitting a tracker? They seem quite cheap.

Mountune recirc valve- Mountune roll restrictor – Mountune SSC – Mountune PTU Brace – Mishimoto induction kit – MSD 400 running at 395bhp – 420lb/ft (according to devil devopments Dyno)

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Tracker yes, Faraday Bag, Dislock all as a bonus ?

Honorary Member

adams901
    Participant

UK - England

Is it best to buy the car from a ford dealer?

Is 29000 for a 2017 car with 11000 miles on it about right or is there room to haggle it a bit

There’s also one for 28000 with 21000 miles, im guessing an extra 1k for 10k less miles is a no brainer

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome, get the one with least mileage and on and have a good look over it before you make an offer. Make sure the head gasket has been done as well. Even better if the previous owner had taken out the five year warranty.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

29k from a Ford dealership is about right, you might just might get 1k off if you push hard enough. You must ask to see the service history obviously check the tyre ware have a good look at the seats and steering wheel for ware. Good luck ?

Honorary Member

davemears
    Participant

UK - England

<!–more–>what part of kent you from. Any idea on spec and colour your after

adams901
    Participant

UK - England

I’m from northfleet, spec wise, probaly best I can get, reverse camera is a must as it’s really helpful squeezing into small spaces lol

Was originally going to go grey so I didn’t stand out and attract unwanted attention.

Am now leaning heavily to blue, why pay that much for a car and hide lol

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

From covert to overt and another member for the blues! Welcome.

adams901
    Participant

UK - England

Ugh, found the perfect one, 5 months before i wanted it lol.

Decisions decisions, it will be financed but going through dealers is extortion at 10.9%.

Been pre approved for an admiral PCP/HP but won’t know for sure until Monday and there’s no guarantee the dealer will accept it

adams901
    Participant

UK - England

If all goes to plan I should be picking her up on Friday.

Paintwork needs some TLC (swirls from dealer Washing) so will be booked into kds keltec for paint correction and a nice deep clean  in may.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@adams901, congratulations hope all goes well for you when you collect your car enjoy and happy RS’ing. Don’t forget to take lots of pics. Look forward to seeing them soon ?

Honorary Member

18stealth
    Participant

UK - England

Adams not too far from me.  Pm if you like to have a go in one.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Hello from kent. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!