Hello from London

Home Forums General Newbie Hello from London

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Matt23
    Participant

UK - England

Hi everyone.

I just wanted to say hello and say that I’m looking forward to being part of the Ford RS community, so please be gentle with me. This will be my first Fast Ford, as I’ve had Subaru’s for the past 17 years.

Due to take delivery mid March of a Nitrous Blue RS with Lux pack, Forged wheels, Blue calipers and Sync3 upgrade.

Looking forward to bringing to to a few meets over the summer.

Matt

paul144
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Matt , welcome to the club mate.

Not long till you pick up the car then. I love mine definitely worth the wait and had no problems with it so very happy.

Just curious Matt what made you go for the  Ford RS rather than a Subaru this time.

A few bits and pieces added

rsdom
    Participant

UK - Wales

Hi Matt

Welcome aboard buddy, good choice with the Scooby I am still running one, what models have you had over the 17 years?

What part of London you based north/south/East?

My RS should arrive in March so look forward to seeing you at a show or similar in 2017

Matt23
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Paul.

Yes not long to wait now, but truthfully we only been waiting about 4 weeks. I managed to find a dealer that had a build slot booked for a demo car they were planing on getting and it had the spec we wanted and said they would sell us the car instead of registering it as a demo. Result.

To answer your question about why the switch from Subaru ?

Where ive had them for many years now and still really love them. The new WRX STI just doesn’t really do it for me and I’ve been waiting for another manufacturer to make a good 4wd car, as I love the sure footedness of 4wd in all conditions  and the new RS seemed like it’s a great choice as a replacement.

Matt

Matt23
    Participant

UK - England

@RSdom

Between my dad, brother and myself we’ve had

2 Turbo 2000s

1 GX Sport

2 WRXs

1 Bugeye STI

4 Blobeye STIs

2 Special Edition Hawkeye STIs  a Spec D and RB320

I think that’s all of them lol

rsdom
    Participant

UK - Wales

Very nice Matt, I have had a couple of STI 5’s, and have a turbo 2000 had since new

Always fancied an RB320 though ;o)

Matt23
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks Dom. I did try and find a nice classic STI a few years ago, but unfortunately every car I looked at wasn’t very well cared for, so decided to leave it in the end. The RB320 was just an awesome car, which my dad had from new and kept for 6 years.

Matt

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Hello from London. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!