Hello from the Netherlands

Home Forums General Newbie Hello from the Netherlands

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Roy Lobker
    Participant

Netherlands

Hello everyone!

My name is Roy and I’m from the Netherlands.

I own a Ford Fiesta Metal, but that’s not why I registred myself here. I am lucky to have a Ford minded mum and dad, who ordered a nitrous blue Ford Focus RS MK3 early March this year, after driving a performance blue Ford Focus RS MK2 for the past 7 years. Well most of the time I did, but ok 😉

Around the beginning of April, the car was delivered to the Ford Store and 2 weeks later we were and still are one of the first owners and drivers of a Ford Focus RS MK3 in the Netherlands!

Like the MK2 RS, it’s always an amazing feeling to take the car for a ride!

howsey
    Blocked

UK - Wales

A one month wait? Do they own the dealership?!? I’m hoping to get mine early next year (I ordered in April). I’m very happy for you, honestly. ?

Roy Lobker
    Participant

Netherlands

Thanks!

Well there is an explaination for that. At the moment the news came that the RS’s sold out here, we began our search for our RS. Way too late obviously, but there was also never a letter or message that they were on sale.

After calling and mailing all local Ford dealers, without yes for an answer, friends went by and one of them told us, her nephew is a salesman at a Ford Store and maybe he knows a solution.

Apparently the Netherlands has normal Ford dealers and special Ford Stores (don’t know if this also applies for other countries??) But only the Ford Stores may sell the Focus RS and Vignale line right on and he is a salesman at one of the 7 Ford Stores in the Netherlands.

The Ford Store was ordering the Focus RS to turn it into a demonstration car, but we were lucky the car was fit with our option wishes and colour, so we were able to order it before it should turn into a demo-car.

At this time the first dutch RS’s will not be assembled before September or October. So I suppose the first ones will leave the stores early next year also.

Must be really annoying to wait such a long time, but the only thing I can tell You is that it’s well worth the wait!

willshot
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Roy, are you a motorsport Fan ? I went to Zandvoort last year to see the DTM and had  wonderful weekend.

Will Shotton

Roy Lobker
    Participant

Netherlands

Hi Will,

Yes definately. I’m a big Rally fan, but also visited the DTM a few times at Zandvoort.
    Nice track isn’t it? Unfortunately the Netherlands only got the TT Assen circuit and Zandvoort, so besides the DTM at Zandvoort and the Moto-GP at Assen, there is not much to see if You are looking for a really big event.

willshot
    Participant

UK - England

Our biggest local event of the year was last weekend. It was three rounds of the British Touring Cars at Croft circuit in North Yorkshire.

Will Shotton

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Hello from the Netherlands. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!