HG Recall – oil leak

Home Forums General Newbie HG Recall – oil leak

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

AylaRS
    Participant

UK - England

Hi,

We brought our RS last July and just had our first service (cars 5th) and MOT. It’s a 17 plate and has only done 6,792 miles.

We have an advisory that they’ve found a slight oil leak from the turbo oil feed pipe. I’ve been reading on this forum that lots of people have had a similar issue following the HG replacement. Ours fell in that recall period but it doesn’t seem like it was affected.

Unsure what the issue could be as I’ve seen lots of different suggestions. They’ve quote us £210 presumably to replace the pipe. Anyone with the same issue?

Thanks

rainydays
    Participant

Luxembourg

Its never the pipe.
    It is the headgasket.
    You are gonna pay 120 quid for nothing.
    I changed the turbo line 4 times and until they redid the headgasket the leaks never stopped.

Nitrous Blue Dyno Tuned @ 600 NM | Wagner Tuning – Competition IC | REVO Carbon CAI 

HJS 200 Cell Sportkat Remus Cat-back | SS Black Chrome Tailpipes

Fischer-Hydraulik SS Brake Lines | Endless RF 650 Brake Fluid | Endless ME20 Pads F+R (squeak king)

Rotors: TSP XG150 – DBA 5000 T3 SLOT | DBA 4000 T3 SLOT | Suspension: MR – KW Clubsport 2 way with H&R ARB F+R

mexicoian
    Participant

UK - England

Has it had the recall done correctly , majority was 2nd time ,

RSdriveRS
    Participant

UK - England

Just had the same problem, oil round feed pipe/banjo bolt luckily my local Ford dealer confirmed it was the head gasket again, it was done in the first recall so fingers crossed all sorted, hope you get yours done ok

Karlis Ziepitis
    Participant

UK - England

Looks like I may have the same issue as noted oil leakage down from the oil feed banjo. I contacted Ford, may sound daft but are Ford responding and rectifying these oil leak issues owners have?

RSdriveRS
    Participant

UK - England

My car was still inside the original warranty and was luckily sorted by Ford but outside warranty seems a bit hit and miss going off what ive read on here

Karlis Ziepitis
    Participant

UK - England

Was this second time around? I take it your car is all good now with no issues HG relating?

RSdriveRS
    Participant

UK - England

Yes this was second time round, ive only had the car back two weeks so early days yet, ive only owned the car since Jan this year

Karlis Ziepitis
    Participant

UK - England

Similar situation, I’ve only owned my car since January this year. Waiting to see what Ford say.

GibbRS
    Participant

UK - England

How long are the cars covered for ??????Mines a 16 plate hg done in 2019 if it went again would I be covered ????

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

This is a common issue, I think you need to gather some evidence present it to your dealer and hope they make a gesture or offer. You could always email Ford as well and explain. They should warranty any new H/G work for two years even if the rest of the car is out of warranty. Won’t be easy or straightforward but persist.

Coastliner

eblackmo
    Participant

Australia

Hey OP. I would appreciate if you could post the advisory you received. Thanks. Recall advice  is sent to all owners of the vehicle so you should be able o produce it. Thanks mate.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by eblackmo.

eblackmo
    Participant

Australia

As an example I had a Mazda 3 which I purchased new and owned for 8 years. I received a recall notice in the mail after the car was long out of warranty in regards to a serious issue with the power steering. Mazda fixed that issue at no cost to me.

Any major car manufacturer will do the same. Don’t stress bro Ford has you covered.

eblackmo
    Participant

Australia

Here is a recall on the Porsche Cayenne.

https://www.caradvice.com.au/959516/2021-porsche-cayenne-recalled-for-rear-suspension-mounting-fault/

From the recall notice:

“the clamping nuts on the rear-axle trailing arm may break over the service life of the vehicle, as they may not have been manufactured within specification.”

“A broken clamping nut can result in increased movement between the trailing arm and wheel carrier. As a result, vehicle handling may be diminished. This increases the risk of serious injury or death to vehicle occupants and/or other road users, and damage to property,” it continues.”A broken clamping nut can result in increased movement between the trailing arm and wheel carrier. As a result, vehicle handling may be diminished. This increases the risk of serious injury or death to vehicle occupants and/or other road users, and damage to property,” it continues.

To be honest I would be a little annoyed that I spent Porsche money and then received a car with critical components that were not manufactured within specification.

However. It is very common. Just relax bro.

eblackmo
    Participant

Australia

As another example here is a recall notice issued by Ferrari on the 2018-2020 812 superfast:

Recall Alert: Ferrari Has a Window Problem

“The rear window could fully detach from the vehicle, creating a road hazard and increasing the safety-risk of a crash for following traffic”

You have just spent how much on a Ferrari and the rear window can just fall out? What else can go wrong? It is worrying.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to HG Recall – oil leak. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!