Hi All,

Home Forums General Newbie Hi All,

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

evo
    Participant

UK - England

Just got my new Rs Jan 2017, this as been on order for almost a year but it’s been worth the wait. Had a Mk1 and just sold my green Mk2 which was a great car.

Any tips on uprating the security on the car, hear many stories of theft through the port under the dash with a lap top? Any ideas would be greatly appreciate.

Cheers Evo

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Rob and welcome to the forum ?A must for security I would recommend you get the Ghost system and a steering wheel disc lock. Both available through the club?

Honorary Member

paul144
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Rob …welcome mate.

Go with what bobcat says as can’t go wrong with the ghost and the disclock is brilliant for extra peace of mind .

A few bits and pieces added

norwichrs
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Rob,

Welcome. My RS is arriving in March but I’ve already taken advantage of the group discount and got myself a ghost fitting lined up. Haven’t looked at the disclock as yet tbh.

@bobcat
    and paul144 – do you guys have the disclcok – is it quite bulky and do you keep it in the boot?

Cheers

rsdom
    Participant

UK - Wales

Hi Rob

Welcome aboard buddy, ditto what the boys have said, you will find a mindful of information on this forum and it’s a great sounding board with great members/owners.

Enjoy trawling through all of the threads, what color/spec FRS did you go for?

where about’s are you based roughly?

evo
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks for your help, went for Magnetic with black forged wheels, didn’t want to stand out like my last Green Rs. Cheers Rob

evo
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks guys, appreciate

MINER
    Participant

United Kingdom

Hi Rob,great to hear you’ve got youre car,my build date 17/2/16 so should be on the road mid march.Re youre post the port you mention where a lap top can be plugged in and keys cloned etc Saw on e bay a dummy port [all Ford parts[ RS3 parts and accs section for £13 the original port  is re positioned and the dummy port fitted in its place,a laptop can be still plugged in but does not transfer information reads very good,however its got to be the Ghost system does above and much more even if the thieves have the keys, good deal on the supply and fit thro RS club membership in fact the difference between supply and supply and fit is only £20 Mine will have one with in 48 hours even though Iwill have to travel Cheers

evo
    Participant

UK - England

Thank you. Great to hear you advise.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Hi All,. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!