Hi Everyone, new member looking for a Focus RS.

Home Forums General Members’ Cars Hi Everyone, new member looking for a Focus RS.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

rsste77
    Participant

UK - England

Hi everyone,

I’ve just joined the group this afternoon as I’m looking to buy a Mk3 Focus RS.

Kenny has welcomed me to the club and suggested I introduce myself which I think is a great idea.

Abit about myself.

I had a few quick RS’s in my late teens and early twenties and a well known Fiesta RS turbo with a 2.0 Zetec turbo engine when the conversion first started and knocking on the door of 400bhp when finished which meant it was a rapid car 18 years ago (2nd quickest front wheel drive at a Ford shootout on the drag strip) at one event.

Due to myself racing mountain bikes in the UK and Europe I sold the RS and bought something that suited my needs abit more.I retired from mountain biking due to on going injuries and numerous broken bones and the body falling apart when I hit 40 as I couldn’t compete at the standard I was used to.

I played football at a good standard when I was young but fell out of love with the game. I’m now back coaching football and the last two years have run a 2015 Audi A6 avant ultra black edition as I was doing plenty of miles ferrying my two kids around as there at different football academies and coaching myself every day I’m covering quite abit of mileage.

I now have use of another car to use for the football and I’m going to sell the Audi and buy a Focus RS as I really like them.

Ive seen one I like the look of and if any members can let myself know what to look for etc when viewing the car I’d really appreciate it.

I’ll take a mechanic out of the workshop at work when I can eventually view a car as I don’t want to “click & collect” as a few garages have offered me lately.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Steve.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Steve, wow what an intro, hi and welcome wish you luck with your search for an RS.

Honorary Member

neilrs3
    Participant

UK - England

@steve

Welcome…..a great intro too.

1st it has to be black 😉

2nd it has to be black 😁

3rd it has to be black 😂

Good look with the search👍

Pauly Paul
    Participant

Hi Stephen let me first of all welcome you to the family , great forum and lots of knowledgeable people on here to wet your appetite given your history, you looking for stock , early builds 2016 upwards or latest , I know our cars are becoming rarer year by year , but I’m sure you will be successful in your search . Good luck & take care 👍👍👍oh just out of interest what colour you 👀 for m8

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Second that, 😹😹😹

or should that 4th😹😹😹

Honorary Member

Pauly Paul
    Participant

Ooops sorry I didn’t see your preference 🤣🤣

rsste77
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks for the warm welcome and sorry for the long intro🙈

Regarding colour I like black but I know how hard it is to keep it looking clean and it shows every scratch!

The car will be used and not pampered in a garage so maybe not the best colour for myself.

My old RS from years ago was black and I said never again but I do like them in black 🤔

I like grey and white.

Id prefer one with the shell seats and a sunroof but not sure if to buy a slightly modded one (Mountune 375) or a standard one.

My budget is around £25000

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome. Great intro. Any chance we can see some pics of your old cars? They sound awesome.

440bhp

443lbft

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Hi and welcome, your budget should get you into a decent car about 20k miles I would guess, I would try for SYNC3 as its a better system than SYNC2, can be converted if you have the SYNC2 but its expensive and a faf to do. This is a car that needs to be viewed so as you rightly say not click and collect. There are plenty in your colour choice sunroof might make the search a little more difficult, although I have a sunroof but standard seats.

Coastliner

rsste77
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Matt,

I’ll try and dig some pictures out of the loft.

PM Car Sales Ltd, Durham, has a nice white modded one on there site which I like.

rsste77
    Participant

UK - England

rsste77
    Participant

UK - England

Hi “coastliner”

A friend who has one mentioned about getting one with the Sync 3.

Is there a massive difference.

Also coming from a well specked  Audi will I notice a difference in build quality etc?

neilrs3
    Participant

UK - England

@steve

Any of those colours is a good choice.

If you looking at some Mods do not get hung up on Mountune for some warranty nonsense as they are virtually bankrupt anyway and no Manufacturer is going to pay up on cars 4-5 years old unless you have extended warranty.  There is lots of people on here running all different Maps Exhausts and filters with similar results.

I have ds2+ which is good really brings the car to life with a few other little mods.  The main thing is you going to live it not polish the shit out of it😉

paul-m
    Participant

UK - England

Hi and welcome Stephen, I suggest you make sure you like the Shell seats as they don’t suit everyone. Personally I found them uncomfortable even on the test drive I had when I ordered mine, they also have no height  adjustment and sit to high but lowering kits are available to buy.

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Welcome 👍 Mate of mine literally just sold his low mileage, 14-15K miles FW £24K…. ☹️

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by GM.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Hi Everyone, new member looking for a Focus RS.. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!