Hi From Me

Home Forums General Newbie Hi From Me

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Mozza81
    Participant

UK - England

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/ford/focus-rs/first-drives/litchfield-ford-focus-rs-2018-review

This is the Litchfield car, owned by Litchfield from new for development purposes then brought by one of their customers who has owned for 12 months but being sold on behalf of litchfields again.

It has the KW suspension with the standard damper settings still present.  Even in race its can be used on the road, rather I think the standard is possibly too firm.

It has 13K miles from new and they are providing a 6 months warranty to new owner.

I am siding with the standard car and as I said before, will probably just map to get the power how it should have came out of the factory and leave it as that.

I’ve read about the VS issues but think you can drive around this with a bit of skill if it happens and is just a characteristic of the car with the awd setup?

MY17 Black Focus RS – Litchfield Stage 2 with KW Suspension Setup

rs-kel
    Participant

UK - England

well given the choice I would have gone with the suspension litchfields RS –

The suspension alone is work £3,000

then there is the supporting mods and remap – again worth more than the 2K compared to the standard car…..

Mozza81
    Participant

UK - England

Rs-Kel 🙂

I’m 50/50 again now, friends seem to think go with the Litchfield car!  Decisions, decisions…..

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Adam, buy what you want ! tell your friends to go and buy the Litchfield car if it floats their boat!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

How come you are changing from the GTR, more practicality?

Mozza81
    Participant

UK - England

Kenny,

Sold the GTR to use the cash for other things…..It was an epic car! I’ve owned some nice cars but the GTR was simply fantastic on road and track and it doesn’t drive it itself like some like to suggest.

GTR can be practical to a point with a large boot and for short journeys – can squeeze four adults in the car!!!

The focus RS fits the bill for me now as I’m looking for a daily but also maintain a certain level of fun factor.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Hi From Me. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!