Hi from North Yorkshire

Home Forums General Newbie Hi from North Yorkshire

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

willshot
    Participant

UK - England

Hello fellow Focus RS MK3 owners or prospective owners. I ordered my car October 2015 and have been informed it will be built today at Saarlouis with possible delivery mid July. It’s been a long wait but I’m sure it will be worth it. I’m 62 and never had  a new car so I’ve spent some of my hard – earned savings on the Focus before I throw off this mortal coil. I decided I want some fun and didn’t want to be the richest man in the graveyard.

Will Shotton

howsey
    Blocked

UK - Wales

That’s a great attitude, mate. I’m 42 and I’ve never saved for a rainy day; spend it while you’ve got it. Hell, Maybe the car will kil me ?.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Well done Will ! , what colour/spec have you gone for?  You have 9 more candles on your cake then me..

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

willshot
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks Mike. I’ve opted for Nimbus Blue (surprise, surprise) as it’s the signature MK3 colour. Standard silver wheels, standard seats with blue bolsters. Sunroof, Lux pak, blue calipers and Sync2 nav premium sound. I’ve treated myself to private registration plates and will be fitting Rallyarmor mudflaps ASAP when I get the beast. Talk about pushing the boat out !!!!

Will Shotton

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Nice ! Im sure nimbus blue was around 1985-1986? when I was selling new fords ! you are probably having a Nitrous Blue ! h ah ah aha. Ive gone for the std seats too, as dont think the shells look £1145 better, if any better at all, and sure the stds are more comfy and will wear better on the bolsters etc, Ive opted for sunroof too, like a bit of tilt action for fresh air, Ive never been a fan of A/C. Ive ordered the black rims even though im no fan of black wheels!! i intend to get a 2nd hand set of std silvers in time, and yes to the flaps too, although I may go for the performance creations ones as i prefer the way the rear ones go up to the little ford plastic/rubber pretend flappy bit at the rear of the rear arches. I however wont be following trend by getting the car ‘professionally detailed’ for vast amounts up to £600 or having the entire fornt end wrapped in clear for £1000 either!! just got to wait now untill its made !!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

willshot
    Participant

UK - England

Oooops, I think it was Nimbus Grey anyway, Mike. Not much point in getting it detailed in North Yorks as it will be well blathered by the time I get it home if the weathers crap.

Will Shotton

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Hi from North Yorkshire. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!