Hi from Whitstable

Home Forums General Newbie Hi from Whitstable

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

petetrav
    Participant

UK - England

Just bought RS in nitrous blue just over a month ago. Had fpm375 fitted two weeks ago and must say am very impressed.

Thinking about exhaust and springs next. Any tips or thoughts welcome.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Hi and welcome Pete, any pics to share please,

Honorary Member

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome to the forum Pete. Pleased you’re enjoying the RS, lots of smiles to the mile.

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Welcome Pete, glad your enjoying the RS!! It’s an AWESOME CAR!!

As for exhausts… Well there is a massive choice available for the RS. Valved/Non valved, Resonated/Non restated, Loud/quiet, Straight cut tips/Slash cut tips etc etc…. Just depends what your looking for?? If you have an idea of what your looking for I’m sure plenty members will give their advice and opinions on a whole range of systems that we have fitted!! There is also a large section on exhausts in the Club shop with decent descriptions and some videos etc and some with Club discounts!!

As for Springs… Same thing goes. How much of a drop do you want, how much you planning spending etc.??

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

petetrav
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks for the welcome guys. Haven’t taken any pics yet (been to busy driving it….lol) and it looks like it’s been on a rally stage at the moment.

I have attached a couple from the dealers site where I bought it. Spec includes :-

Recaro Shell Bucket Seats
    Lux Pack comprising of Powerfold door mirrors; rear parking sensors; Ford KeyFree System, cruise control with speed limiter and privacy glass
    19inch Black Forged Alloys
    Power Tilt/Slide Sunroof
    Latest Sync 3 Navigation
    Heated Steering Wheel
    Door Edge Protectors

Think I will invest in a Disklok and Faraday pouch (Saw them in the club shop) before I do anything else as have heard RS’s are prone to disappearing.

Have heard good things about the Mountune catback exhaust as I want something quiet on cruise. Any opinions welcome.My new toy

Cheers, Pete.

Ben Woods
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Pete! Welcome to the forum, I am quite local to you just over in Thanet.

I have the fpm375 and will be visiting them soon for the cat back exhaust and a few other bits to. Have to have a meet up if youre about sometime.

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

@petetrav – Welcome. I had the V3 (valved) fitted at Mountune which I would highly recommend. The OEM system has 1 silencer as does the V3 therefore MoT friendly from that aspect. The valved option gives you relative quiet when required. Does not affect your base warranty. No brainer imo.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Nice pic Pete, thanks for sharing ?

Honorary Member

petetrav
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Ben – Whereabouts are you in Thanet. Wouldn’t mind a meet up when you get the exhaust done. See what it looks and sounds like.

Never the same looking at pics and listening to vids on Youtube !!

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

@Ben Woods – Thinking about getting the FPM 375 myself. Any feedback? and did you need the SSC also?

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Wish they would stay that clean! Looks great Pete

petetrav
    Participant

UK - England

@tonys – Mountune told me when I turned up to have the FPM375 fitted that it was best to have the SSC fitted also. Being new to the RS scene and not really knowing what the issues could be without it I paid my extra £65 to get it done. Really think the SSC should be part of the FPM375 kit though if it’s that important…….

anyway that said can’t fault Mountune for customer service and the FPM375 upgrade is superb for an old man like me !! Much more mid range pull and doesn’t run out of puff at the top end.

flying-fish
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Petetrav

If your around, come and say Hi at the next Kent meet, Sunday 21st October, at Mickey’s Rock Diner, on the A249, nr Detling, Maidstone. I’ve just added the post under events, come and have a chat with fellow owners and enthusiasts ! and enjoy some breakfast , coffee etc.

Clive

Clive

” I didn’t get where I am today by being somewhere else ! “

Ben Woods
    Participant

UK - England

@tonys so far feels good I haven’t covered many miles with it yet. But feels better than my last Rs which was standard.

@petetrav
    I am in Manston, planning to get over to mountune next month and get some bits fitted. Might be worth doing that meet this sunday and we can all meet up?

Ben Woods
    Participant

UK - England

What time does the meet start on Sunday?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Hi from Whitstable. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!