Hi I'm a newbie

Home Forums General Newbie Hi I'm a newbie

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

carverdalgarno
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Hi everybody I’m new to this.  I just got my new RS 2 weeks ago had a Mk 2 Focus before.  Can anybody advise I am travelling from Aberdeen to Silverstone for the Ford Fair what is the best protection to put on my bonnet for stone chips.  Also does anybody know if there is room on the stand for 1 more.  Thanks Debbie

Hammy
    Participant

UK - Scotland

you from Aberdeen Debbie ?

• Magnetic, Forge wheels, Edge Protectors , Lux Pack & Recaro Shell Seats
    • Dreamscience Imap Ultimate 3+
    • Dmb Gel Badges Nitrous Blue
    • Rallyflapz Kaylan Black 
    • Team Heko Wind defectors Dark 
    • Dreamscience turbo back exhaust with race car.
    • Airtec SSC Black
    • Airtec Stage 2 Air Intake Black & Nitrous Blue 
    • Airtec Rear Diffuser Black 
    • ST suspension 12.5mm spacers
    • Forge recirculating valve
    • yellow fog lights 
    • Airtec Nitrous Blue rear diff cooler 
    • 10% tint on rear lights 
    • Satin black window louver vents
    • Airtec short shifter set @ 40%
    • Valve delete mod
    • Bonnet struts 
    • Solid shifter bushes 
    • 1 step colder spark plugs NGK 
    • Engine dress up screw kit
    • body colour coded washer jets 
    • Airtec intercooler
    • Airtec boost pipes
    • Clubsport 4 point roll cage in nitrous blue
    • 3 point securon harness x2 
    • Driver side JCR lowered seat rail 

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome Debbie ?

Honorary Member

Ian Barker
    Participant

United Kingdom

Welcome Debbie. I have had my front end PPF very pleased with the finish, looks well and worth every penny.

Fully forged running M400x

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

1. Dont drive up the person in fronts chuffer.

2, maybe spend £100s on plastic protection film on front end.

or 3, Just do number 1 above and fit a little baby bonnet bra for £40…

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

rsjas070
    Participant

UK - England

Mike I have been looking for one of those where did you get it from?

J

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

@Jas  on fleabay, then clicked to see his shop, got the site then went direct. from Germany and saved about £15? cant remember his details, something like autonbra Germany?

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

joet31
    Participant

UK - England

If you are worried about chips to the bonnet then surely you are worried about chips all over the front end… why bother with this?

CaRSrus
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Enjoy the car Debbie.

Bonnet bra looks like a great protection feature…..visually its not to my liking though.

Mine spent most of its first 2 weeks in my garage….then I got to thinking……..it’s a car, use it, it’ll pick up the odd small stone chip here or there. Although with my ceramic coating, its bullet proof! ?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Joet. the bonnet bra was just for a giggle, although I may put it on if I was doing a long motorway trip like to South of France  or Barcelona etc, not just a 40 mile jog up the road. I wouldnt fancy covering the whole front end on that PPF stuff, because, A,  its expensive. B, Don’t fancy someone cutting it to fit with a razor near the paintwork. C, not sure the surface finish is as good as freshly waxed/sealed paint. D, I imagine it could also make the paint look a bit darker which could show up the cars std slight mis-match of shades between plastic front bumper and wing/doors etc. E Ive heard it can be a real PITA when it comes to getting the stuff off. F, I dont do much motorway driving in it, and try to stay a fair distance from the car/ LORRY in front !

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

joet31
    Participant

UK - England

Mike,

All valid points which I totally agree with also. Paint chips are a fact off life, minimized easily with a decent wax and by not driving like a fool behind people… the bra is good idea for long journeys though I suppose

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Hi I'm a newbie. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!