HOPE IM DOING THE RIGHT THING

Home Forums General Newbie HOPE IM DOING THE RIGHT THING

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

MINER
    Participant

United Kingdom

HOPE THIS DOESNT SOUND STUPID ORDERED A RS FROM LOOKERS SHEFFIELD LAST JUNE LATEST UPDATE FOR DELIVERY FEB 2017 MY AGE   68,I KNOW SOME WILL SAY “SILLY OLD BUGGER”BUT  MAYBE IT MIGHT BE MY LAST CHANCE TO OWN/DRIVE SUCH A BRILL CAR,WILL BE KEEPING THE FREELANDER 2 AND USING THE RS DURING THE SUMMER MONTHS BEFORE LAYING UP FOR WINTER IM AN ORDINARY WORKING GUY BEFORE RETIREMENT AND WILL BE BLOWING MY PENSION LUMP SUM ON THE CAR,STARTING TO GET A BIT EXCITED,WHICH MIGHT NOT BE GOOD FOR SOMEONE MY AGE BUT YOURE ONLY HERE ONCE CHEERS GUYS, IF I DIE HOW CAN I STOP THE WIFE LETTING HER NEW BLOKE DRIVE  IT    LOL

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Good for you William, I am only a few year behind you. Your right you only live once and you cant take it with you(money). At least you will be happy.

Coastliner

bigknd
    Participant

United Kingdom

Good on you William, I’m a little younger at 57 but I believe if you get the “Ghost” fitted only you will know the code and no one else will be able to drive it even if your no longer around lol!!

Like you say you only live once enjoy!!

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Good for you William ?You will not regret it. As for not letting the “The new Bloke drive it” leave the car to me ???

In all seriousness enjoy owning and driving it happy motoring ?

Honorary Member

MyRS
    Participant

United Kingdom

Good for you William!  I’m 48 and I’m still waiting for my car and hoping to receive it before the end of the year.   You are never to old to enjoy whatever fancies you!   Stay young my friend?

jasoni
    Participant

UK - England

Yes YOLO. My father used to own a sierra rs cosworth in the late 80s, and used to ferry me about (sometimes sideways) and from then on i always wanted a ford RS. Im 46 years old now and like yourself though its the RS or the kids uni fees. Obvious choice really. Pick mine up in early march.

MINER
    Participant

United Kingdom

Thanks for youre positive comments guys one thing I didn’t mention the wife knows nothing about it but she will when its on the drive and she sees the stupid grin on my face  cheers

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Good on you William. Have fun and enjoy it!

kingsilverman
    Participant

United Kingdom

Hi William

I’m 59 and am just swapping my Mazda RX8 for the MK3 RS that i’m due to pick it up next week. For the past few years I’ve attended track days with my car club and had a great time, I intend continuing to do this for the foreseeable future with the new RS, perhaps you ought to do the same. Whatever happens just enjoy, life is short enough

Not so much a boy racer, more an old boy racer.

stevenad
    Participant

UK - England

Hi William,

Age is only a number,enjoy life to the full.I am 54 in February and can’t wait for my RS,hopefully March.? .

Interesting to see what the general age is of an RS owner is on the forum ?.

Steve

rslucky
    Participant

UK - England

Nice one.

You are never to old to enjoy a fast car. I’m only a youngster (46 lol) and the amount of people that used to ask why at my age I drove an impreza STI. No doubt I’ll get the same when the RS arrives. But given the choice of a rep mobile, or something that makes me laugh every time I drive it, no contest.

Hope you enjoy it.

GrumpyPappa
    Participant

UK - England

Hi William.

Your only as old as your mind says (forget the body, they can let you down some times) which is why you should enjoy what you can.

I will be 59 in march when I get mine.

The wife knows and thinks I’m mad spending 35k and ants nothing to do with it,she will come round sameaswhebn I got my Ibiza cupra which has been chipped. And she enjoys giving it some beans.

Grumpy kappa.

greyghost
    Participant

USA

William, you will enjoy the car immensely as I have. I am also 68 and have had my grey RS for a little over a month with 2800 miles now. Exciting and fun to drive. I also spent retirement money to get mine. Paid cash as I don’t like payments.  Recently added some personal touches including blue light in the foot wells, vanity mirrors, and rear storage area tinted rear door windows and rear windows, Cobb Access Port with 93 tune, Cobb air cleaner, and RokBlox mud flaps.

GreyGhost

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    2016 SG RS2 Forged wheels in my garage.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to HOPE IM DOING THE RIGHT THING. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!