How do you get apps on sync 3

Home Forums Technology In-Car Entertainment How do you get apps on sync 3

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Guys,

How do I get apps (android phone) showing on the sync 3 touchscreen display.

My phone is connected via Bluetooth and phone capabilities are all working. I can play music via Spotify from phone but I have to physically select the app on my phone first and play via Bluetooth. I have Android auto working via USB lead for Google maps.

I can’t however get any app icons showing. When I select mobile apps on the touchscreen display it says there aren’t any!

Had the car 6 months and done 700 miles but this is the first I am getting round to this haha

Any advice?

Cheers Neil

rainydays
    Participant

Luxembourg

Do you expect your phone to be mirrored on your Sync system?
    I am not sure how Android Auto works but my Apple Car Play , via USB, shows a few select apps only.
    My Sync 3 does become a big ass iOS device but with limited capabilities.

Items I have on my display :
    1.  SIRI
    2. Messages
    3. Phone book
    4. Spotify
    5. Google Maps
    6. Apple Maps
    7. Waze
    8. Ford Pass

Probably a bunch of others but I don’t use them.

Nitrous Blue Dyno Tuned @ 600 NM | Wagner Tuning – Competition IC | REVO Carbon CAI 

HJS 200 Cell Sportkat Remus Cat-back | SS Black Chrome Tailpipes

Fischer-Hydraulik SS Brake Lines | Endless RF 650 Brake Fluid | Endless ME20 Pads F+R (squeak king)

Rotors: TSP XG150 – DBA 5000 T3 SLOT | DBA 4000 T3 SLOT | Suspension: MR – KW Clubsport 2 way with H&R ARB F+R

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by rainydays.

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@rainydays

No not mirrored just any apps like you mentioned above. I get the message each time I try and find apps stating “no apps found”

Pretty much just want Spotify on the car interface to save me selecting from my phone. It’s not ideal if I am already driving.

elliot
    Participant

UK - England

@NEILRS2K

I’ve tried a couple of times with no success. As yourself, the Spotify app on the screen would be ideal. Maybe another member has fared better?

FPM 375. MSD 350/380/400

DSC

Tractive Suspension 

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@elliot

It’s frustrating as it was one of the things I was looking forward to coming from a car with a dated infotainment system.

Seen the ford YouTube vids of explaining how to navigate the system and all the app icons are on their but for some reason I can’t get it to recognize apps on my phone.

Hopefully someone will be along to give us a bit of guidance or where we may be going wrong.

Cheers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to How do you get apps on sync 3. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!