How long before we get some decent dampers

Home Forums Performance Handling How long before we get some decent dampers

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author

trakg
    Participant

Greece

@white-rs2 Thanks for the info. The majority of the coil overs offered, suggest min drop 30mm. Where I live this is too much. What you are suggesting makes sense but if not suggested and done by a garage here, I will never attempt. My technical knowledge is limited so I prefer buying bolt-on parts only. I will ask all these though mate. Much appreciated

VillageRS
    Participant

UK - England

I have had fitted some KW coilovers, developed with KW and Litchfield in Gloucester.

Litchfield fitted them.

Still able to switch from normal to firm mode but with the normal mode much more comfortable. They also fitted steel braided brake hoses at the same time.

Not had chance to try them out properly yet as the track was awash with water and p….ing down all day.

Looking forward to next time.

NB, KW Clubsports.

VillageRS
    Participant

UK - England

Mine has been lowered by only 20mm

NB, KW Clubsports.

TubsRs
    Participant

UK - Scotland

how are you finding the lictchfield step on now seriously thinking of getting it done. 🙂

AReeve
    Participant

UK - England

Are you looking at the DDC set up?

AReeve
    Participant

UK - England

AReeve
    Participant

UK - England

KW V3

The other option that we have just finished is the AST 5100 kit, superb kit and will be running on our demo car :

AST 5100

Any questions feel free to ask

TubsRs
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Yeah I am

have spoken to Litchfield they have let’s say updated it from the standard kw system and also mountune are selling it now to

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

The KW DDC setup is more of the same what we need is a fully active setup will the brain box from DSC, be compatible with the KW setup ?

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

AReeve
    Participant

UK - England

yes with different spring rates and dampers, we’ve done much the same with development on the car and bench dyno testing to improve the stock KW

VillageRS
    Participant

UK - England

Huge improvement with the Litchfield  KW set up, the car feels more planted on the road and soaks up the rough stuff effectively, even in firm mode.

Knocked 5 seconds a lap off at Castle Combe compared to stock set up.

NB, KW Clubsports.

quadslo
    Participant

Slovenia

Is it necessary to lower the car with the KW DDC setup?

I am looking for something to make my ride softer and leave the car at factory hight.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

@quadslo

You could look into seeing if factory ST springs will fit as they are 30% softer

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Not sure you need or want it “softer”  having now modded mine….  it needs to be less “crashy” over the bumps, and Sport mode needs different calibration to make it road usable.

DSC module is great help here (not softer) far better composure and control over the bumps and sport mode is very usable.  Gives a degree of active damper control with standard dampers, and full active control with their own dampers. Then  add something like the Mountune springs for a mild lower and further improvement.

Disclaimer, yes I am a UK reseller of the DSC active module.    Actually need to order another batch if enough people are interested here before I offer it on a wider scale.

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

Momo
    Participant

Canada

@9designs what does a DSC suspension kit for the RS cost over there in the UK?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to How long before we get some decent dampers. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!