How to disable Keyless Entry (GUIDE) Forscan

Home Forums Performance Electronics/ECU How to disable Keyless Entry (GUIDE) Forscan

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 72 total)
  • Author

PORTER2411
    Participant

UK - Scotland

I know a few people want a guide on how to do this so here goes

You will need a laptop running windows and a copy of the programme called Forscan With an Extended Licence

You also need a compatible cable like this one

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Modified-ELM327-USB-Ford-Elmconfig-Focccus-Forscan-Focus-Smax-Mondeo-Kuga/223210794515?hash=item33f8666e13:g:CXYAAOSwlY5bv393:rk:2:pf:0

You need to connect your car to forscan using the cable and select the following menu

Make sure your cars battery is fully charged as this can cause issues with the program once the screen prompts you to open the SBL it should give you the option to make a back up i suggest you do in case  anything goes wrong when loading

Once you hit continue forscan will load all the modules in wait until this has finished this should take 60 seconds IGNORE ALL THE LIGHTS AND CHIMNES COMING FROM THE DASHBOARD  this is normal  follow the messages on screen if it prompts you to switch the ignition off   do so you will then be greeted with this menu

From the drop down menu at the top left you may need to select engineering mode 2 for the keyless menu to appear

On the column above look where it says (without keyless entry and start) your RS should say WITH KEYLESS ENTRY AND START double click and a menu should appear you need to select with KEYLESS START make sure you select the correct one

Once you have done this Hit the WRITE Button at the bottom on the screen forscan will load all the modules again it may as you to cycle the ignition off

Because all the modules are loaded this can cause some hidden dtc to be stored  You can clear them using forscan

I would suggest you only attempt this is you are familiar with forscan

Hopefully this helps a few people and protects there RS

skillboy
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks for the Guide, will aim to try this out later on in the week.

PORTER2411
    Participant

UK - Scotland

No worries any problems just give me a shout 🙂

rallyesport
    Participant

UK - England

If you have ghost and you have to turn ignition off won’t it disable the obd port

PORTER2411
    Participant

UK - Scotland

I’m not familiar with how ghost operates Once the ignition is off does the ghost system protect the OBD port?

rallyesport
    Participant

UK - England

Yes it protects it once ignition is off

PORTER2411
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Can you not put it in service mode or something

skillboy
    Participant

UK - England

Managed to finally get around to do this and can confirm this works.

Its a shame that on older RS models the user is unable to disable keyless entry using the menu.

Adam Clarke
    Participant

UK - England

Hi sorry to resurrect this thread I followed this guide for my ST it worked as intended but now my front doors won’t unlock or lock I reset it back to how it was but it’s still the same is there another setting I may have upset as I disabled a few things while I was doing it ,thanks

smokingkills
    Participant

UK - England

Adam.  If you didn’t save your previous configuration you’ll need to check the “As Built” data for your ST.  That should give you the configuration you should use to revert back.

Good luck

smokingkills
    Participant

UK - England

@PORTER2411 it’s work mentioning in your guide ALWAYS save the standard working configuration before writing changes ?

Adam Clarke
    Participant

UK - England

Ok thanks I’ll check it Saturday when I get back and let you know , so basically I load my previous save before I changed it then,?

PORTER2411
    Participant

UK - Scotland

I did write that mate it says it at the start of my guide once the sbl has loaded to make a backup i also say you should only do this if are familiar with forscan

Adam Clarke
    Participant

UK - England

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Yes you did mate it’s my fault but I’m one of them if you don’t try yoy don’t know ?</p>

smokingkills
    Participant

UK - England

@porter, yes you did. I see that now ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 72 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to How to disable Keyless Entry (GUIDE) Forscan. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!