Howdy from Perth Western Australia

Home Forums General Newbie Howdy from Perth Western Australia

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

nauli
    Participant

Australia

G’Day…I’m Steve from Perth Western Australia (yes it’s a place far, far away!!) I put down a deposit for a NB Mk3 with forged wheel package back in March 2015, but due to me registering with a smaller dealer, my car won’t be in Australia until later this month…it’s reportedly on a ship in South Africa as we speak.

As far as my car history goes it’s many and varied from early Holdens, Torana GTR XU-1, Renaults, Lancias and then from 1994 until 2012 it has been exclusively Subaru WRX’s and STI’s (one of which I still have). In 2012 after buying a fully caged Version 5 STI Type RA tarmac rally car, I sold my 2006 STI road car and bought a very low mileage Frozen White Mk2 Focus RS ….and what a fantastic car….I instantly fell in love with it and so started my RS journey. I recently sold the Mk2 (sad day) since I can’t justify owning 4 cars!

My current cars (excluding the soon-to-arrive Mk3) are a 2013 Nissan Pathfinder (surfing, windsurfing and race car tow vehicle) and a genuine 2006 Subaru STI Spec C tarmac rally car with all the goodies.

I work as a medical scientist in a large Perth hospital and also do some part time performance driving instruction at a local track. When I’m not doing motorsport I get into surfing (on hold at the moment due to 2 recent shark attack fatalities locally) and speed (GPS) windsurfing.

A few pics of past and current cars…

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Great car collection there Nauli – a proper petrolhead by the looks of it!

Looking forward to seeing what your plans are for the Mk3 RS.

I had a Subaru Spec C previously it was the RA-R model – amazing cars.

nauli
    Participant

Australia

Thanks Kenny! Well, as much as I would like to turn the Mk3 into a tarmac rally car, I plan to keep it as a fairly unmodified road car and leave the Spec C to do the racing

The RA-R is a great car….a good comparator for the Mk3 RS!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Howdy from Perth Western Australia. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!