Hunter alignment at kwik fit

Home Forums Performance Handling Hunter alignment at kwik fit

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

So I got the hunter alignment done at kwik fit the other day as it’s the only place close that does it. Each side doesn’t match up and not sure if it matters. I don’t know if they can make it match to whats in the handbook or I might have to find another garage some where further out who can. Someone who knows their stuff want to check this please. It still doesn’t feel right when I’m driving. My roads are terrible where I am and when I first bought the car it was so tight now it feels loose compared to that.

Handbook

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

thats pretty much spot on !! and probably the best I’ve seen on an RS ! You should be well chuffed with those results, and thank the german chap who obviously took care and did his job in the factory pretty damn good !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@71-bda

It just doesn’t feel as tight as it was when I got it off atp. Must be something else that’s went or all the extra crap on the roads here that make it feel rubbish.. Road are so bad round here that my wheel is constantly going in its own direction whenecer I go over a small bump.

Also the boy who done it told me he wrote his 2nd car off last week haha.. He’s had 6 cars in 7 months or something haha.

I keep uploading the handbook figures but it’s posting.. I’ll try again haha

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

There we go wouldn’t let me do both pics in the one go

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

I do notice now the temps are below 10c that the Michelins are nowhere near as grippy/surefooted as they are at 20c ambient temps. as you are ‘up the road’ and floating around 0’c ? are you sure its not your wee tyres pal ?

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Maybe

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

<!–more–>

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

jb
    Participant

UK - England

Those figures are about as good as you could get and show that these cars are quite robust re potholes etc

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

The right side was out. Would of cost £60.  Paid the £130 alignment package thing. Covers you for up to 2 years if you go back again and it needs done.  Will mostly likely get the use out of it with the poor roads around here.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

so are those printouts the “after|” results then? have you got the ‘before adjustment’ printout?

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Hunter alignment at kwik fit. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!