I tried hard waxing my car…..

Home Forums Performance General I tried hard waxing my car…..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

howsey
    Blocked

UK - Wales

….It was like spreading lard all over it. The beading is incredible but I’m probably going to spend the next month tying to polish it in. I’m out of my depth, I’d love some suggestions.

howsey
    Blocked

UK - Wales

Use a soft wax. Pussy.

Matt23
    Participant

UK - England

Less is more. Use a little bit at a time and spread it thinly and it should come off no problem. Usually a soft wax is a good place to start if your new to detailing.

John Johnson
    Participant

UK - England

Too much wax by a mile

Focus Heritage #1

howsey
    Blocked

UK - Wales

Less is more. Got it. ??

jasoni
    Participant

UK - England

AM glaze is an easy product ( good value to) to use, followed by the AM sealant.

muzzie
    Participant

UK - England

I clay bar’ d and waxed mine over the weekend. I used Fusso wax http://www.nipponshine.com/shop/body-sealant/879/ , the car looks stunning

John Johnson
    Participant

UK - England

Clay bar it first to pull off any contaminants . Mark any swirls or scratches with a piece of masking tape and go back and nibb em off , use whatever you feel good at using as everyone has their own favourite cutting base . If you are putting a true wax on like say zymol glasur ( it’s good ) then a pea size amount warmed on you hand would do at least a panel possibly more and leave for a good half hour before taking off . Mate used half a pot on his new car and wondered why he couldn’t get it off

Focus Heritage #1

howsey
    Blocked

UK - Wales

I used Simoniz hard wax, It’s a bit af a palaver but the result is very impressive. @John- How the hell can you use half a pot in one go?? ?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

@ Howsey  Ive used half a pot on the mrs before..

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to I tried hard waxing my car…... If you're not already a member then you can register for free!