Idling

Home Forums Performance Engine Idling

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Naylor92
    Participant

UK - England

I have that now graham. Mine goes in tomorrow for the head gasket work and second service. I think it’s when the cat doesn’t fully get warmed up the first time round and then you stop the car and start again. It’s sort of like a misfire isn’t it. Mine does it but never had any trouble from it.

Goes in tomorrow for the works however as I say. So will keep you updated as to how mine is afterwards.

Naylor92
    Participant

UK - England

The car doesn’t fully get warmed up **

Graham Mitchell
    Participant

UK - Scotland

yeah I know what you saying Naylor as I say had the new gasket in for 5 weeks never had the car when the old gasket was on because the dealer I bought car from put it threw the first service and got the gasket done at the same time before I collected the car.so I am not sure how the car sounded with the old gasket on,I had it on a journey on Saturday about a hours drive giving it some wellie stopped to play football,so car was lying for about 3 hours,once i finished football got in started it again temp outside about 17 degrees but still hearing missfire on the start up until revs drop,then it idles smoothly,just hoping there nothing else wrong with it now.you can let me know how things go once your gasket is done,it was just a gasket replacement mine got.

Naylor92
    Participant

UK - England

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Yeah weird mate. Mines been fine like I say but got to have work done. I’m sure it may be normal maybe? I’ll let you know how it goes pal.</p>

Graham Mitchell
    Participant

UK - Scotland

thanks Naylor look forward to hearing how you car gets on after new parts fitted

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Idling. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!