If F1 sounded like this again I would start watching it !

Home Forums General Non RS Chat If F1 sounded like this again I would start watching it !

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Get your loudspeakers on !…  from back when if you had been to a circuit for a race, you could still hear that in your ears for a few days afterwards !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

• This topic was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by 71-bda.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Ah those were there days, looks as if the future is Electric sadly ???

Honorary Member

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

that formula E and woman’s formula w? Have got to be some of the dullest things going Bob ! I’m out !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

To right bda, you can’t beat Classic Formula 1 racing the old boy racers still have it. Great viewing.

Honorary Member

petetrav
    Participant

UK - England

Brings a tear to my eye. I followed F1 avidly through the Mansell, Senna and Prost era. These days never to be repeated again I fear bda

marty_rs
    Participant

UK - England

Back when f1 cars sounded unreal, and winning was about talent. Now its about who can do the fastest pit stop when the safety car comes out. The most exciting race I’ve seen for a while was the German gp when it rained and the cars where all over.

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Those were the days bda,  what a great sound.

prg123
    Participant

UK - England

Went to Festival Italia at Brands Hatch a week or so ago…. They had some V10 and V12 F1 cars… The V12 Ferrari sounded epic, especially when warming up in the pits when I was standing next to it 🙂 the new ones sound crap!

ste1806
    Participant

UK - England

Don’t forget the v12  they were the days. Wheels start turning at 3 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJ-G0p9bnFY

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

just had to bump this 20000 RPM music back to the top !!

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

marty_rs
    Participant

UK - England

Was definitely worth another watch

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

superb eh Marty ! soon, people will be born and living who will never get the chance to see or hear one of those, or even an internal combustion engine, how sad !

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to If F1 sounded like this again I would start watching it !. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!