If Ken Block was a fighter pilot… just AWESOME

Home Forums General Non RS Chat If Ken Block was a fighter pilot… just AWESOME

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

surely planes should not be able to fly like this!!  Action starts around 6 mins in, then its pure ballet…

probably one of the best displays ive ever seen innit

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Certainly some fantastic twists and turns, stalls, float downs. That’s one good pilot ?

Honorary Member

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

If Carlsberg did flying……..

Wow that’s  some fantastic flying really pushing the envelope of what’s possible in a very capable machine, eyeballs must be hanging out on stalks. It looks smooth but in reality it’s violent and high g with serious potential for disorientation.

Wonder how many auditable alarms went off during the display. ( stall, over-rotation, pull up etc)

Bet if this was posted on PistonHeads someone would come along and brag about beating this in a Cessna 172 after 10 hrs flying.

A heads up………If you ever get chance to see the Red Bull Air Races they are a good day out.

May the Ford be with you

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

That landing was pure cockiness. I bet he had his tongue out flying a devils salute pulling that wheelie. So cool.

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Great find @bda breathtaking. ?

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

What a job.

What a beautiful aircraft.

What a pilot.

Will aircraft like this ever become fully electric you think? If so its going to be proper boring.

440bhp

443lbft

JohnD
    Participant

UK - England

Those computers were earning their keep in that demo!

marty_rs
    Participant

UK - England

Wow what a talented pilot. I was going to say did he stall the plane maybe several times.

JohnD. They certainly did that day lol.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

That’s awesome flying compared to Blocks ok driving

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

I want one of these…..

model planes were not like that when I was flying them !!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Now that’s proper impressive, and so close to touching the ground with the rear of the aircraft.

Coastliner

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

71dba

good old days of 27Mhz AM hoping no one was using a CB radio locally was it?

I considering getting back into this now I have more time, would go electric now though, don’t want the old glow engines dripping in the car.

did you spot the vortices generator on the tips, may fit one to the RS spoiler ?

May the Ford be with you

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Yorkirs yes i saw that !  I used to enjoy playing around with the little MAX O.S engines, I’d modify the ports and raise the compression on them and all kinds of fun , loved the smell of the burnt fuel too !

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

JohnD
    Participant

UK - England

After a lapse of  about 14 years I went back to R/C flying.  I found electric ok but the short flight duration is a pain.  Back in the day I flew aerobatics (F3A) competitively with reasonable success.  The latest breed of aerobatic machine are very good – mostly made to ‘almost ready to fly’ condition by some rather skilful young girls in China!

Before the RS I considered a Mustang but the models just wouldn’t fit in the back!

JohnD

prg123
    Participant

UK - England

That was stunning flying, and such a pretty aircraft

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to If Ken Block was a fighter pilot… just AWESOME. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!