If only we could go back to this…

Home Forums General Non RS Chat If only we could go back to this…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

and no taking the knee at the start either ! Anyone seen Bob the Bobcat recently?

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@bda, hi I’m still about……… I’ll not go into details on open forum, family matters taking up a lot of time.

Honorary Member

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Bob , good to hear you are ok ! I just thought I had not seen you on for a while innit!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@bda, thanks, all very stressful 👍

Honorary Member

Tall Paul
    Participant

UK - England

Regards bobcat stay safe mate 👍

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

Gee, @71-bda, the last time I saw and heard this was in 1991 in Monte Carlo.

Today everything has changed:

Cheers 😎

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Frenk that formel E or whatever they call it is about as exciting as watching a game of chess on tv. What an utter waste of time, full size scalextric cars!

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

@bobcat , good to hear from you.

May the force be with you. 🖖

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

@71-bda: Scalextric, precisely, spot on! 😂

If my memory serves me well, I must have an old Carrera slot car track down in the cellar with that typical sound. The kids and I used to play for hours. Maybe I should install it again in the living room and practice a bit for the near future. Our Green Party already pronounced a ban of fossil fuel cars by 2027  🤣

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

hitch6742
    Participant

UK - England

Nah…you can keep your Formula Turds… this!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-U-zmmGlXG0

NB 375, Goodrich hoses, RDU cooler (fitted for the hell of it), gas bonnet struts, Mountune RR, hard pipe kit, V1 cat-back….and RS seat covers!

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

@hitch6742: I agree, rallycross is a totally different world than F1. But then again, the world moves on, innit 😉

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

hitch, I was actually there !! and 1984 and 1986 !! then 87 at Brands ! I can still taste that smoke ! Formula one was good up to about 2013 when the crap engines and regulations came in came.

Talk about throttle response !!…

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to If only we could go back to this…. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!