Intercooler comparison?

Home Forums Performance Cooling Intercooler comparison?

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Nateodog
    Participant

UK - England

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I think the mishimoto one is next best on the market to spec-r for my application as I’d have to modify the mishimoto to fit

SABRE

666.6 bhp 99 oct & wmi

558 lbft

OEMeth installs

Aquamist

sabre tuning

Spec-R

J9-performance

funk motorsport

Hel

Owen developments

WP Pro brakes

HELIX Automotive

KW suspensions

Barney Build

Grant Motorsport

jamesey78
    Participant

UK - England

I wanted the Mishimoto one anyway, now I’ve seen that price, it’s almost a no brainer. Sitting at home halfway through an unpaid two weeks of quarantine though, justifying it is tough. Anyone know how long the sale price will run for? Just to give me time to convince myself it’s a good idea.

Sync 3, Lux pack, forged alloys, door protectors, winter pack, MSD420, DSC controller, Mountune; intake, short shift, roll restrictor and springs, Mishimoto intercooler and hoses, Pumaspeed 12mm black wheel spacers and nuts, H&R anti-roll bars, Scorpion valved cat-back with black ceramic tips, J9 Performance exhaust valve controller, EBC grooved/dimpled discs and yellowstuff pads, Goodridge carbon effect brake lines, carbon mirror caps and gear knob, smoked led sequential wing mirror repeaters, bonnet lifters, RS puddle lamps, Rally Armor flaps, Ghost and tracker

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@jamesey78 do it! get on the lockdown beans on toast diet… Food saving will pay for it in two weeks πŸ€£πŸ‘

jamesey78
    Participant

UK - England

@GM, I’m getting closer. I can sell my mountune hard pipe and then in my head it’s even cheaper! Plus my boss has told me I can have loads of overtime when I get back to work, I’m building a new line and it’s now behind, so it’ll be boot filling time hopefully πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ˜

Sync 3, Lux pack, forged alloys, door protectors, winter pack, MSD420, DSC controller, Mountune; intake, short shift, roll restrictor and springs, Mishimoto intercooler and hoses, Pumaspeed 12mm black wheel spacers and nuts, H&R anti-roll bars, Scorpion valved cat-back with black ceramic tips, J9 Performance exhaust valve controller, EBC grooved/dimpled discs and yellowstuff pads, Goodridge carbon effect brake lines, carbon mirror caps and gear knob, smoked led sequential wing mirror repeaters, bonnet lifters, RS puddle lamps, Rally Armor flaps, Ghost and tracker

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@jamesey78 πŸ‘ theres going to be mountune pipes for sale everywhere 🀣

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

The price there is cheaper compared here in the States…. wait you guys still have VAT right?

When I bought my US Mountune FMIC it’s on sale for $799 then they have a 20% off promo code so it went down to $639.

Got their hard pipe (from the Mountune UK site) with the club’s discount code to 98.88 GBP. No VAT since it got shipped to the states

The Mountune boost hose I found in rally direct for $230 .

Saved around $150USD compared if I bought the Mishimoto here in the States.

from what I found out though the boost pipe helps minimal reduction on boost drop. but other than that not a huge performance difference.

Smokin Joe
    Participant

UK - England

My local garage will be fitting my big mouth ram air soon, he’s asked if I’m thinking of upgrading my intercooler as the bumper will only need to come off the once……….I’ve just read the mountune paint is coming off on one guys post so I was thinking airtek or dreamscience, any thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMMN6WxIREcNGljuqrLTKFg

Joe

Nitrous Blue

M380

Rally Armour Flaps

Scorpion Sports Cat/Exhaust

TRC’s

Mountune Billet Short Shifter

Airtec Intercooler

Velossa Tech Big Mouth Ram Air

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Forget the Dreamscience & Mountune version 2 as it’s a generic China import shite.

The biggest Rip Off is the Spec R at dont laugh Β£1800 no bigger and no better than the Norris Designs some Β£800 cheaper and the Norris has a rated output it supports the Spec R just over rates itself πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘

A big price tag doesn’t always mean bigger is better πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Norris Designs all the way πŸ‘

PS I don’t have but should of bought a Norriss Designs intercooler and hard pipe.

PS the Mishimoto Intercooler is a good option for the masses to use πŸ‘

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the β€œM” maps suck

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by white-rs2.
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Intercooler comparison?. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!