Intercooler recommendations

Home Forums Performance Forced Induction Intercooler recommendations

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author

grunty-motor
    Participant

UK - Scotland

watching with interest as i need one too…..ETS 5″ looks good, but do I NEED that (wont be going forged) and bumper cut doesnt seem too bad from little i can find on line

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@grunty-motor i have the 4″ and temps are spot on…. 4″ is good to about 600 bhp, you also need to consider not going to big for your needs, helps with cost also 😆

boomboom
    Participant

UK - England

@Tyrefitter direct from mishimoto mate they was doing a sale so I bought the air intake kit in blue , hard pipe kit and intercooler , I think it cost as I can’t find the receipt as mo £1018.0

boomboom
    Participant

UK - England

@Tryefitter on their website intercooler and hard pipe kit and air intake kit £1051 or their  abouts. Keep an eye on their website or Facebook page mate

Tyrefitter
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve just subscribed to Mishimoto site & I can get the intercooler with pipes & induction kit for £998.28 using their 5% discount

Andy.

Red Edition.

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

Surely black Friday sale they will have some offers on?

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

boomboom
    Participant

UK - England

@Turefitter nice one 👍

dogbone
    Participant

UK - England

Their multi-vane design of the end caps makes a lot of sense, reduces the turbulent air flow into the intercooler and also distributes the airflow more evenly.  I wonder how their design compares to others in terms of pressure drop across the intercooler and temperature performance.  Not a bad price if the quality is OK and with 2.5″ hard pipes.

Magnetic   FPM375   DSC Controller  Tractive suspension  EBC discs with Yellow Stuff

Lotus104
    Participant

Sweden

I have the Mishimoto IC and pipe kit on mine.
    Did all the mounting myself and can say that their quality is much better than OK.
    I think you can find a lot of testing graphs on their site both on the IC and induction kit.

RS Edition , built 13/9-18 , and delivered 9/11-18

Mountune: R.M.M. / Roll restrictor, PTU Brace, Breather plate & Re-circulating valve.

Mishimoto: I/C + pipe kit, Catch can, Blue Aluminum expansion tank

Ford Performance / Remus cat back Exhaust

FSWERKS short shift kit.

quantiTEC Smoked rear lights.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by Lotus104.

Tyrefitter
    Participant

UK - England

Just gone to purchase the Mishimoto & the price has gone up to £1197.95 from £998.28 with the 5% discount

Andy.

Red Edition.

Tyrefitter
    Participant

UK - England

Well I’ve narrowed it down to Mishimoto or Airtec intercooler,same with the induction kit.Has anyone got any discount codes for either or do I wait till Black Friday & see if they have offers on.

https://www.mishimoto.co.uk/ford-focus-rs-air-intake-2016.html#prettyPhoto

AIRTEC Motorsport Stage 2 Induction Kit for Focus Mk3 RS

Andy.

Red Edition.

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

10% discount here

https://mattlewismotorsportonline.com/focus-rs-mk3-23-ecoboost-205-c.asp

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

Tyrefitter
    Participant

UK - England

Im just waiting for Airtec,,ive opened a trade account with them seeing as im in the trade so hopefully ill get those even cheaper than the mishimoto.Ill know tomorrow when account goes live.

Andy.

Red Edition.

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

Let me know what price they come in at as I am in the market for an Intercooler. Trying to resist the urge but failing badly

Tyrefitter
    Participant

UK - England

That’s them ordered,Airtec intercooler with boost pipes,Airtec stage 2 induction kit,Airtec pcv baffle plate & bonnet lifters.

Andy.

Red Edition.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Intercooler recommendations. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!