Intercoolers? Best ones

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    PA11LRS
    PA11LRS
    Participant

UK - England

Looking to upgrade the standard intercooler.  What are rated best, Mountune? Roose? Airtec? What are you guys running and recommend?

Thanks Paul.

white-rs2
    white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Running a Mountune should of purchased the Mishimoto

RS Edition (RED),

Standard as Ford Should of Intended.

GM
    GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

I done allot of looking round and managed to get a second hand ETS, its a beast and looks very well made 👍 Bought the mountune pipe set to go with it, but wish i went for the ETS kit. 😕

brembo
    brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@pa11lrs

Evening mate!! There’s 2 types of Intercooler, “tube and fin” and “bar and plate”. Tube and fin is lighter, Bar and plate is a bit heavier but far more robust!! I went for the ETS Intercooler which is Bar and Plate. It’s a cracking Intercooler and like @gm has said, it’s a very well made bit of kit, lovely welding on it!! There’s loads out there, varying in price, guess it’s down to what you want to spend mate!!

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3.

GM
    GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@brembo Evening mate, I’m still undecided on the colour tho??? i got a load of oven cleaner to strip the anodising, so i think its going silver / original colour with clear coat. It is well put together, and suitable for bigger BHP than some others i looked at.. what upgrade pipes did you use?

brembo
    brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@gm Evening mate!! I think the Gold would work if you had something else gold on your Motor, maybe wheels or brake callipers or sunstrip even!! I’ve got all Mountune Hoses. I really wanted the Stainless Mountune Hard Pipe, it’s very well made, and just ended up getting the Hoses from them too!! Not had any issues.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3.

GM
    GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@brembo i done the same to wanted the stainless bit, but then really looked at the ETS kit after i ordered the mountune…. 🙃 My big silicone pipe has lumps bumps and imperfections and bits falling off it inside, but mountune have said its normal.. 😆 wonder how long it will take bda to spot and reply 🤣

I was going gold wheels, borla ones but not so sure now… think black and bit of carbon is the way now????

mexicoian
    mexicoian
    Participant

UK - England

Mountune great quality Used for years never had any issues and they always helpful when contacted,, just a pity they run out of stock so much 👍👍

Y2Kev
    Participant

United Kingdom

Mountune cooler is manufactured by Pro Alloy I believe. Just with different Mountune embossed end tanks and without the air diverter plates. And a price hike of course

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login or register below to contribute to Intercoolers? Best ones. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!