Intercoolers? Best ones

Home Forums Performance Cooling Intercoolers? Best ones

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

PA11LRS
    Participant

UK - England

Looking to upgrade the standard intercooler.  What are rated best, Mountune? Roose? Airtec? What are you guys running and recommend?

Thanks Paul.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Running a Mountune should of purchased the Mishimoto

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

I done allot of looking round and managed to get a second hand ETS, its a beast and looks very well made ? Bought the mountune pipe set to go with it, but wish i went for the ETS kit. ?

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@pa11lrs

Evening mate!! There’s 2 types of Intercooler, “tube and fin” and “bar and plate”. Tube and fin is lighter, Bar and plate is a bit heavier but far more robust!! I went for the ETS Intercooler which is Bar and Plate. It’s a cracking Intercooler and like @gm has said, it’s a very well made bit of kit, lovely welding on it!! There’s loads out there, varying in price, guess it’s down to what you want to spend mate!!

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@brembo Evening mate, I’m still undecided on the colour tho??? i got a load of oven cleaner to strip the anodising, so i think its going silver / original colour with clear coat. It is well put together, and suitable for bigger BHP than some others i looked at.. what upgrade pipes did you use?

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@gm Evening mate!! I think the Gold would work if you had something else gold on your Motor, maybe wheels or brake callipers or sunstrip even!! I’ve got all Mountune Hoses. I really wanted the Stainless Mountune Hard Pipe, it’s very well made, and just ended up getting the Hoses from them too!! Not had any issues.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@brembo i done the same to wanted the stainless bit, but then really looked at the ETS kit after i ordered the mountune…. ? My big silicone pipe has lumps bumps and imperfections and bits falling off it inside, but mountune have said its normal.. ? wonder how long it will take bda to spot and reply ?

I was going gold wheels, borla ones but not so sure now… think black and bit of carbon is the way now????

mexicoian
    Participant

UK - England

Mountune great quality Used for years never had any issues and they always helpful when contacted,, just a pity they run out of stock so much ??

Y2Kev
    Participant

United Kingdom

Mountune cooler is manufactured by Pro Alloy I believe. Just with different Mountune embossed end tanks and without the air diverter plates. And a price hike of course

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Intercoolers? Best ones. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!