Interior makeover by Carlex Design

Home Forums Styling Interior Styling Interior makeover by Carlex Design

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Carlex Design from Poland need no introduction, they are highly regarded when it comes to interior car makeovers.

The aim of of this particular project was to equip the car with an affordable interior that would match its racing character. Standard materials were replaced with genuine leather. The rally style was emphasized with dynamic seams used on the seats and the door panels. Leather upholstery was also applied to the manual brake, the shift lever and the central tunnel. The steering wheel covered with perforated leather will definitely give us even greater pleasure in driving this little devil. The whole design is complemented by delicate accents in energetic yellow colour.

Carlex Design

Focus RS Carlex Design

v8marshal
    Participant

UK - England

This is horrible, not for me.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Not for me  ?

Honorary Member

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

Nah, taking the expression “to pimp” explicitely obscene 😎

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

Sennaboy
    Participant

UK - England

Omg how bad can it be

think stock is better one up to ford

Bj
    Participant

UK - England

Shmee 150 red RS looks better and that’s bad?

paul-m
    Participant

UK - England

Sad to say but I quite like it.

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Looks like great quality workmanship. I like the yellow stitching especially if you have some Mountune goodies

rs-jon
    Participant

UK - England

Definine “affordable” Kenny…

Affordable in the £700 Ian Clark paid to have his front seats retrimmed in red and black nappa in Scotland (add the rear bench you are talking about £1k) probably £1500 with door cards and wheel if added…

Shmee’s red interior cost him nearly £5k at Prototrim here in Milton Keynes – thats too much cash.

I reckon this has got to be at least £3k based upon the finish and work done and it looks shit – maybe works in something like a Lambo…

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve seen some wacky designers sketches and trim concepts in my job, thankfully most never make it to production. This has to rank as one of the worst!!

Just looks awful, no way fits the image of the car and hate to think how it will wear and be after a few thousand miles.    I’ve seen Shmeee’s car at Fordfair, the quality of the interior trimming certainly isn’t up to OEM standards, it’s not good close up and looks like what it is, someone just stuck some leather onto.  Seams not nice and raised on the IP, due to nowhere for the salvage to nest into, doesn’t look like much or any foam backing was used. Tacky.

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

rssmiley
    Participant

UK - England

Looks shite

Owner of Nitrous Blue mk3 & Focus RS mk1.

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

I bet those seat bolsters don’t wear like the OEM as there probably proper leather. But having said that I don’t mind the overall look.

Coastliner

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

yer, I think that may look quality ‘in the skin’ hard to judge anything to do with a Focus just in photos!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

irelmo
    Participant

UK - England

??

Sniffle
    Participant

UK - England

@BJ – Shmee 150 red RS looks better

Problem there is proto trim don’t really want to take on one off jobs for members of the public they are more into long term contracts with other companies

the demo NB and Shmee’s red edition seem to be the only ones.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Interior makeover by Carlex Design. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!