Intermittent USB Ports

Home Forums Technology In-Car Entertainment Intermittent USB Ports

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

walker-steve77
    Participant

UK - England

Both the USB port in the arm rest and the one in front of the gear stick have recently become intermittent. I have tried with different USB leads but still the same result….charges on and off constantly and stops Car Play from working.

Anyone else had this issue?

Nitrous Blue, Lux Pack, Blue Brembo Brake Calipers, SYNC 3, Black Forged Alloys & Door Edge Protectors

Stage 1 + many extras

cossie96
    Participant

UK - England

I had same problem with the front USB, eventually it stopped working altogether. Had to be replaced by Ford under warranty.

cossie96
    Participant

UK - England

Strange, couldnt edit my post, anyway heres what happened when it stopped working, no power to USB port.

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

Number things could be wrong here. The usb hub connections might be faulty or loose between the APIM and usb hub and port. The main hub is powered by the centre console loom which may also be the problem. Or the usb hub or APIM may need replacing. Best get it back to a dealer.

walker-steve77
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks guys ??

Nitrous Blue, Lux Pack, Blue Brembo Brake Calipers, SYNC 3, Black Forged Alloys & Door Edge Protectors

Stage 1 + many extras

a-dandy-scot
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Hopefully going to resurrect this thread as I am having the same issue. Arm rest USB working intermittently and car is out of warranty so would rather fix it myself.

Does anyone now the part number for the USB hub? Been trying to find it but struggling.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Intermittent USB Ports. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!