Is an FPM375 or alike worth shelling out for?

Home Forums Performance General Is an FPM375 or alike worth shelling out for?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Pete Watson
    Participant

UK - England

This is just my thoughts behind this post, my Red Edition RS is currently standard….350bhp standard lol, can anyone remember when MK1 3.0 Capri’s were considered to be quick cars, they only had circa 130-140 brake the Capri MK1 RS2600 only had 150ish and that was on the new fangled fuel injection, anyway moving on, yeah i know we don’t run engines in anymore however i want to put 1ooomls on the clock before upgrading anything, i’ve been Modifying & Tuning cars for more years than i care to remember all started around early 80’s, i had my 1st B Series Manta & my mate had been bought a black RS2000, in those days it was 45/48 dcoe’s, cams, valves & heads, porting & polishing, lightening & balancing etc, all very costly in pre ebay days, i paid about £800 for a pair of brand new 45 drla’s, manifolds, K&N’s & linkages for the Manta, anyway, as i got older and had a bit more free cash it gave me greater scope for tuning, in my experience 25bhp at top end and 50bhp mid range for a £1k is pretty good valve, if you’re in doubts then look at it this way, say you opt for an upgraded exhaust the quality brands are going to set you back in the region of £1200 to £1500 cat back then tbh you should be looking at sports cat to really benefit from the better flow, this will be a further £400 to £500 conservatively, in return for this you will maybe release 10-15bhp system dependent, most RS owners know / understand free flowing / better breathing / spooling etc etc but when you’re getting on for £2k for turbo back system the FPM375 or alike ‘several choices available from different tuners’ @ £1k or less really should be you’re starting point when looking for an increase in power, of course breathing is a massive part of tuning but you need to start somewhere.

Instagram = rsrededition

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

Fmp375 is a good investment, you get nearly 50bhp in the mid range with a max of 375 bhp in total. You certainly notice the improvement in torque in the mid range.

May the Ford be with you

robin-c
    Participant

UK - England

I felt the car out the box lacked grunt due to its weight and the 375 FPM kit addressed that lack of midrange thump I missed from my other cars. Absolutely worth having installed in my opinion.

Personally having dropped the thick end of £30K+ on the car I would want to avoid any unnecessary conversations with Ford should the engine shit a piston or similar etc with a non-warranted engine map on it.  I would rather have some piece of mind over a extra 10-15 bhp or more Nm of torque quoted by other tuners maps.

When it’s out of  5 year warranty and if I still own it, then that’s a different story.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Is an FPM375 or alike worth shelling out for?. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!