J9 valve controller issues

Home Forums Performance Exhaust J9 valve controller issues

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

Has anybody else experienced issues with their exhaust valve controller? Mine keeps defaulting to closed no matter how many times I set it to open? Open it, drive for a minute and it’s back to closed.

Also does anyone know of anybody who may be able to repair it?

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

Participant

UK - England

Mine’s been fine. It’s a longshot but have you tried changing the battery in the remote?

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Mine todate has been pretty reliable, out of interest what did J9 have to say about possibly repairing it

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

Not reached out to anybody yet regarding repair. Will get onto them tomorrow.

Changed battery and sprayed some wd40 on the exhaust flap. Tried the easy things first

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

JohnD
    Participant

UK - England

I started to have trouble with the valve not opening every time.  Sprayed penetrating oil around the valve pivot and it seemed ok for a while but became unreliable again, so I replaced the batteries (there are 2!) in the J9 fob but still issues.  Fortunately, I had the original exhaust in the shed complete with the flap motor unit still in place (The Mountune exhaust came with it’s own flap motor unit fitted)  I swapped the unit over and hey presto! it worked.  So, it could be the flap motor unit itself that’s dying!

JohnD

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to J9 valve controller issues. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!