Jack's cafe Surrey Breakfast meet 14/07/19 with Fast Ford

Home Forums General Events Jack's cafe Surrey Breakfast meet 14/07/19 with Fast Ford

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

weather is looking a bit hit or miss at 8-9 am… if theres rain in the air I’m staying in bed !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

jonyscam
    Participant

UK - England

met office just says cloudy… less than 10% chance of rain. Noting they do have a habit of getting it wrong!

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

I may be having a punch up in the morning…. mums been on about taking up her slightly cracked and uneven garden path and having a new one laid… basically had builders not bother to turn up and quote, quote figures around a £1000 for a 21 ft x 2 ft path !!, had someone say he would break up and take the old one away for £100 cash, he let me down twice so gave up ( me and a mate were going to lay a new one) then mum spoke to a woman down the road whos grandson worked with a big landscaping company and ever so nice !!! .. so he came round and quoted £450 happy days, spoke about shuttering and putting a bit of rebar in it, seemed a bit overkill for a garden path but thought hey ho that sounds like he knows what hes doing. So this morning he turns up with a breaker and mixer and shuttering and levels and floats and stuff, so I leave him to it with mum watching now and then. Been out all day, and pop round mums to see how its looking and….

so F5ck me, Im ready to pull his head off !! hes just poured it straight in with no shuttering, the levels are all over the place, there is no surface finish to speak of. I spoke to him and he reckons he is going to cut the whole length both sides straight with a cutter, because thats how he was told to do it at college! Hes going to be asking how it should be in hospital tomorrow if I do not get a satisfactory outcome !!  Depending on what time I can get him round will determine if Im at Jacks innit.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

global warming? England wet summer as usual. Pi$$ing Doon here, got the bodger coming at 10am, so sadly Jacks …I’m out. What a shame was looking forward to probably the biggest jacks meet so far. Jimob, enjoy it mate !!

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

Its dry at the moment here. Not looking like it will hold up though.

440bhp

443lbft

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

how many peeps there matt?

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

440bhp

443lbft

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

Was a good turn out and stayed dry

440bhp

443lbft

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

excellent, did Fast Ford turn up?

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

Yes fast food were in attendance. Probably 25ish cars.

440bhp

443lbft

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

nice ! Busiest so far and i bloody miss it. Still having a drama in mums back garden..

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

777ham
    Participant

UK - England

First time at the Surrey meet, great turnout and nice to meet some of you who I met for the first time today.?

jonyscam
    Participant

UK - England

Same, thanks guys.

Some lovely cars on show… and got to see my first Heritage edition.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

gutted, would have loved to have seen the Tango too! I bet that was featured by Fast Ford then !!

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

Yea the orange and a couple of others got some attention from the photographer. Was a group photo of us all as well.

440bhp

443lbft

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Jack's cafe Surrey Breakfast meet 14/07/19 with Fast Ford. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!