JC's RS

Home Forums General Members’ Cars JC's RS

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

jonyscam
    Participant

UK - England

Hi All

I am a newbie here but here is my Focus RS FPM375 with Mountune exhaust and inter-cooler.

I had the front end wrapped too to give it a little protection from stones etc. Ghost system fitted for piece of mind, tracker next week also.

I hope it meets the standards expected here…

Regards

JC

jonyscam
    Participant

UK - England

This one is better…

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

OH YES !!! not being biased as Bobcat will confirm, but thats definitely up to std !!

How do you find the front PPF? does it notice much? does it kind of not have the smooth shine that the paint has?

oh.. SNAP !!

I sense another “white is right” appreciation thread forming here!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Very nice pics thanks for sharing, and yes you are biased bda, but to be fair I really do like the white too.

Honorary Member

jonyscam
    Participant

UK - England

Hi BDA,

so the wrap was as close to the colour as i could find using a vinyl.

I could not justify (in my head) the cost of a PPF solution as it was 3x the cost.

You can see the wrap line across the bonet in the picture, it followes the joins on the car.

I also considered a matt black but decided it would be to aggressive and shouty!

And yes white is right.

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Very nice example. How long have you had it?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

jonyscam . ooh, yes now you have pointed it out I can just about see it, thats not a bad match for frozen white! Surprised they didn’t just wrap the whole bonnet though? Hows a matt black bonnet bra for shouty?? I bought this when I first got the car as was intending to drive to Barcelona last May in it and had visions of the front end getting blasted, didn’t go in the end so its not been used, may put it on if I do a long trip up the M1 or something, but as I don’t really do much motorway stuff, its kept in its bag! Whiters loves ripping the pi$$ out of it, it actually doesn’t look too bad in the skin white/black contrast, kind of American or Euro style !!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

jonyscam
    Participant

UK - England

Kenny – about two months. I absolutely love this car but am still getting used to driving it. The RS is completely different to my Mini Cooper S roadster…

bda – that doesn’t look too bad actually, but its not my kind of thing 🙂 The guys that did the wrap and I decided to only go up the bonnet as far as the bumper join on the wing. But I see what you mean about fully wrapping the bonnet.

FYI the wrap was complete by MASK in London – £400. The bumper had to come off for the job.

I really want to take my car across Europe next year but I am not sure my wife will want to be in the car that long, firm ride and all. Anyone done any long journey’s in their car yet?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@jonyscam, when I first got my RS we went on holiday to Wales from Norfolk and did over 800 miles in a week. The car was faultless it soaked up the miles effortlessly and gave an impressive 34/36 mpg. The weather was very mixed so it had the best test I could have wished for. Go for it and enjoy it for what it is, it is truly awesome to drive.

Honorary Member

jonyscam
    Participant

UK - England

Hey bobcat, once the head and gasket are replaced I will do that. I have also been considering going to wales and having a go down snake pass. I will do some hill walking too.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to JC's RS. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!