Joffos Magnetic RS

Home Forums General Members’ Cars Joffos Magnetic RS

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author

milks
    Participant

UK - England

I don’t have Facebook but I’ll find his details and call him, thanks for the advice.

Very strange way of ordering though, if you’re going to accept placed orders online you may as well let people pay there too.

Joffo
    Participant

United Kingdom

Nice one fellas

The cars been at Spec-R for almost 4 months getting some bits done, should have it back in the next fortnight then its off to BCS again to have the exhaust system finished and finally over to Pete @ Demon Peformance Centre to have all the bits fitted ive collected while its been gone;

DevilsOwn Water/Meth Kit

Breedt Billet inlet manifold

Braided lines

Rear Discs – J-Hook

And some bilts I’ve had made myself, billet PTU brace and RDU cooler air deflector

As for SS-Tuning, they can take time to reply to messages but they do get back to you, just keep pestering them.

The gearknob is easy to fit, 30 seconds just screw off/on.

The gaitor is a nightmare though, I still havent fitted mine and almost made a mess of the standard one/collar, So ive got a brand new Genuine RS one just incase I do.

Twigs
    Participant

United Kingdom

How difficult was the steering wheel to fit

bellrs
    Participant

UK - England

Got to say Joffo this is awesome mate ?

Im so glad I went for MG, and I absolutely love the yellow calipers. I was about to post to see if anyone had changed the colour, but thought I’d look through all the members cars posts. I love the yellow theme, so I apologise now, but I’m probably gonna copy you ?? just not quite as many mods, just colour coding ?

Absolutely stunning ?

Davy

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Good spec motor and looking proper in the best colour.

Keep up the awesome work, we need more photos thou

🙂

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

Joffo
    Participant

United Kingdom

Had a lot of work done last week by Pete at Demon Performanc Centre

• Revo stage 2 software
    • Breedt Billet inlet manifold
    • Devilsown water meth kit with braided lines
    • PTU Brace
    • RDU Cooler plate
    • Revo lower mount
    • Hel Braided brake lines
    • Evans Waterless coolant

Also fitted rear window rally vents and got some other bits to do before Ford Fair

And hopefully these beauties will be on before Ford Fair!

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

very nice Joffo ! Front wings will look awesome ! Love it all but I would be very wary of waterless coolant, I looked into it very deeply a while back, tried it in one car, it definitely upset it, it needed the timing backing off 3 degrees to stop pinking, and it would run on too after turning it off. We measured temps of external surface of cylinder head and if my memory serves me right it was raised on average by about 80c.  Decided it was a big no-no for me, switched back to 80%water 20% antifreeze and the engine was back to normal with full timing advance and no “hot fluffy feeling” A few pointers…

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjD5sawv7XVAhVCC8AKHfs2CvkQFghEMAM&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.oilem.com%2Fpotential-issues-with-waterless-engine-coolants%2F&usg=AFQjCNFgEzvpvARdjtF5X-F6vH3TYY6fCw

be interested to hear how you get on with it.

No OEM manufacturer uses this coolant

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

SabrinaRS
    Participant

United Kingdom

Saw this at Ford Fair yesterday, looks great. Love the new wings ?

swede
    Participant

Sweden

Car looks awesome, Spec-R details on intercooler is bit to much for me though.

I love the yellow theme around, suits the color of the car perfectly. Have you done the same at the RS logo at the trunk and side of the wings?

How reliable is the car with this amount of power? Ford themselves claimed that they were close to max with the build they made from start.

adh1964
    Participant

UK - Wales

can you explain that ceramic coating, looks great

paul-m
    Participant

UK - England

VERY Nice!!

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

Joffo – aren’t you worried about loosing your warranty if one of those widely reported engine failures happens? The latest I’ve heard is that even the latest engines are prone to fail. But at least the warranty provides some assurance.  My dealer has told me that they wouldn’t support a warranty claim if my engine failed and had been modified by a non approved tuning company.

wackka
    Participant

UK - England

Think he’s already had a new engine even with all the mods.

Racing is life

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve read on other forums that Ford have refused to replace a blown engine due to an unauthorised Mountune upgrade. I think it was the 380. Covered elsewhere on this site. So Joffo’s a lucky guy up to now! I wouldn’t chance it myself.

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Joffos Magnetic RS. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!