Juddering and loss of power

Home Forums Performance Engine Juddering and loss of power

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

cushtiefpm375
    Participant

UK - England

Hi, has anyone had an issue with engine judder and short term loss of power?

cruising at 70, slowed down to around 60, and when I applied power the car started shacking like nothing I’ve ever experienced before. No warning lights, all gauges were correct.

Seems ok at the moment

Any ideas please

thanks in advance

Fraser

adw
    Participant

UK - England

What gear / RPM?

Its bad for the engine to floor it in a high gear

Mods:

AccessPort / Stratified tune + STuned extended pops & bangs + custom pop and bang intensity / Boomba Racing short throw plate / DMB inlays / Mountune air filter / Mountune RMM / Mountune Recirc / Milltek Non Res Cat Back

cushtiefpm375
    Participant

UK - England

I didn’t boot it, I was in an average speed camera zone, so just gentle getting back to 70mph.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

sounds just like Carburettor icing !!  so.. do you have a map on it? do you have the intercooler blanking plate on still?

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

rampant
    Participant

UK - England

Oh please. Intercooler blanking plate? Total red herring. The shame.

// ’17 Nitrous Blue // Forged Alloys // Michelin Super Sports // Painted Calipers // Sync 3 // Lux Pack // Winter Pack // Black Gel Spoiler Badges // Blue Gel Wheel Inserts // GTechniq Liquid Crystal // GTechniq Alloy Armour // sold Jun ’18

cushtiefpm375
    Participant

UK - England

It’s just got the fpm375 and still has blanking plate.  Nothing out of the ordinary

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

rampo.. ffs it was witty banter. check yourself !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

rampant
    Participant

UK - England

In that case I apologise. Didn’t “see” the humour…

// ’17 Nitrous Blue // Forged Alloys // Michelin Super Sports // Painted Calipers // Sync 3 // Lux Pack // Winter Pack // Black Gel Spoiler Badges // Blue Gel Wheel Inserts // GTechniq Liquid Crystal // GTechniq Alloy Armour // sold Jun ’18

mdickens98
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve had something similar, maybe 2 or 3 times when driving along fairly steadily, in gear, just cruising and its as if the engine loses power for just a second then suddenly everything is back to normal, again no warning lights or anything. I’ve got the fpm375 and have had a new head about 300 miles ago so wondering if it’s something to do with the ecu learning it something

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

sounds like the mountune map has a hole in it or it falls asleep!

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

adw
    Participant

UK - England

Could there be different ‘revisions’ of the mountune map? Might be worth enquiring to make sure you have the latest:)

Mods:

AccessPort / Stratified tune + STuned extended pops & bangs + custom pop and bang intensity / Boomba Racing short throw plate / DMB inlays / Mountune air filter / Mountune RMM / Mountune Recirc / Milltek Non Res Cat Back

zondas
    Participant

United Kingdom

Remember the days of turbo lag was it similar to that.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Juddering and loss of power. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!