Just exactly what tyres does the car come with?

Home Forums Performance Tyres Just exactly what tyres does the car come with?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Stewlark
    Participant

United Kingdom

So this is a bit premature for my liking but I have found a bulge in my tyre, so I need to get a new one and I will take it up with Michelin regarding the current one, after 300 miles since new and no pot holes hit I don’t expect this.

But what tyres exactly do the come with? Shopping about and when you put the reg in – there are so many different options?

i know they are Michelin super sport, are they cup 2?

please help?

mondeoman
    Participant

UK - England

Mine has Michelin Pilot Super Sport 235/35ZR19 (91Y) ExtraLoad

rs-le
    Participant

UK - England

They are defo not cup 2, there super sports…

warehou
    Participant

Australia

Pilot Sport Cup 2 are optional with Forged Alloy wheels,

Same dimensions as Super Sport above

CaRSrus
    Participant

UK - Scotland

SuperSport came as standard on my black forged alloys……Didn’t get a choice.

I usually use Blackcircles for my tyres….But I do have a reliable tyre fitter locally who can actually change tyres without damage to the alloys ?

Gsf
    Participant

UK - England

Pilot Super Sports although these are becoming obsolete with Michelin and are being replaced by the new Michelin Pilot Sport 4S

RS Blue Edition

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

This might be a daft suggestion but go outside bend over, open ya eyes and read what it says on the side wall 🙂 oh make sure it’s your car your looking at don’t want you to get a 155 70 13 Micra tyre now do we ?????

Then when at the garage say can I have one of those please to match the other 3 ta mate job done.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

rampant
    Participant

UK - England

whiters – no need for sarcasm buddy – by the context of the thread the OP may have bought his car pre-owned and not know whether the tyres on his car are “standard fit”… hence the OP?

It may have been intended as a light hearted joke, but written word doesn’t always come across as intended.

Yours Aye

Mark H

// ’17 Nitrous Blue // Forged Alloys // Michelin Super Sports // Painted Calipers // Sync 3 // Lux Pack // Winter Pack // Black Gel Spoiler Badges // Blue Gel Wheel Inserts // GTechniq Liquid Crystal // GTechniq Alloy Armour // sold Jun ’18

andy thornton
    Participant

UK - England

Michelin pilot super sports as standard,Cup 2 tyres have a different tread depth compared to standard tyres that,s how it was explained to me.You need to order them as they are not usually kept on the shelf.

Former RS Edition owner

rampant
    Participant

UK - England

I bought my car pre-built from stock so had no choice. Anyone who ordered a build and chose forged alloys should have been asked whether they wanted to upgrade tyres from SS to Cup2.

I imagine, knowing how poor some Ford dealers are, that not everyone in that position was asked or offered the upgrade. That’s an oversight on the part of the dealer and I’ll wager it happened far too often.

SlĂ inte Mhath

Mark H

// ’17 Nitrous Blue // Forged Alloys // Michelin Super Sports // Painted Calipers // Sync 3 // Lux Pack // Winter Pack // Black Gel Spoiler Badges // Blue Gel Wheel Inserts // GTechniq Liquid Crystal // GTechniq Alloy Armour // sold Jun ’18

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

the cup 2 came only as std fitment in north America if you went for the option black forged rims, if you had the cast multispokes you got the super sports, cup2 not available as an option in the UK.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Honorary Member

mikey456
    Participant

UK - England

Has anyone run their RS with Michelin’s Pilot Sport 4S?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Bob, thats American market innit !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Pilot Sport Cup 2 USA and option for Canada

Honorary Member

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Just exactly what tyres does the car come with?. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!