Just Joined

Home Forums General Newbie Just Joined

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

RacyTracy
    Participant

UK - England

Hi everyone. I’m new here, Ive had my RS now 3 weeks. Prior to this car I had an ST3, but because of circumstances it had to go back :(.

When I got my RS it was a very bitter sweet thing. You see in April 2014 I lost my husband in a motorcycle accident, a car driver turned across his path and he was killed instantly. So at the age of 45, with a 12yr old son I became a widow. Since then there has been a very lengthy court case and civil claim going on, which has now thankfully come to an end. When the ST had to go back, my husband said “we will have another car like that one day”….so when the civil claim was sorted and I saw the new RS, I knew I just had to get it, I fell in love with it straight away, and I’d like to think that my husband would be happy with my choice.

I ordered my RS last August, I ordered it in Nitrous Blue, with the blue Brembo’s and black alloys. Also had the Luxury & Winter packs added. Ive done just over 1,000 miles in it so far and I’m loving it. Had it detailed earlier this week and it looked amazing. So far Ive been using Super Unleaded in it, but some people say you don’t have too so not sure about this…..also my son is itching for me to try launch control, but again Ive been advised to do a few thousand miles before trying that, is this right or not?

Thanks 🙂

RSGAZ
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Tracy, welcome to the forum and to the NB gang. Your story is a reminder of how life can change in an instant.  I’m sure your husband would very pleased with your choice of car and colour, as for the fuel I only use shell v-power or tesco momentum.

iv just passed the 1000 miles and had an oil & filter change yesterday, so now I will start to open her up a bit and see how it feels using the full rev range.

Iv not tried LC yet, I’m sure I will at some point but it’s not something I’m that bothered about.

Enjoy the smiles the car brings, your son must love it.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

A huge welcome Tracy thanks for sharing your life. You certainly have done the right thing in getting a FRS Mk3

Honorary Member

central1254
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome Tracy,

best of luck to you both  and the new car. There are lots of good people on here

RacyTracy
    Participant

UK - England

Ive been putting in Tesco Momentum, not tried Shell VPower though

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

Welcome from Switzerland Tracy! Glad to see a woman here.

My 19-year-old daughter learned to drive in my RS. She passed the test 3 weeks ago. Now she always borrows mine, mommy’s Opel Insignia is not quite the same thing 😉

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

CaRSrus
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Hope you and your son have great times in the RS…..I’m sure you will. Also a keen biker myself, I’m only too aware of the dangers but still make a conscious choice to do it, as I love the freedom that 2 wheels brings, as I’m sure your hubby did too. Bet he’s grinning down with delight at your new car ? Enjoy.

Ian Barker
    Participant

United Kingdom

Welcome Tracy. Sorry to here the sad loss of your husband. Shell V power all the way for me, had mine since December 9/12/16 ? Just under 3000 dry miles. Good choice with the colour.

Fully forged running M400x

Chrismurf
    Participant

UK - England

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Welcome Tracy excellent choice of car and colour hope you enjoy it you definitely made the right choice big thumbs up ?respect?</p>

Chrismurf
    Participant

UK - England

<li style=”text-align: left;”>Ps do the the launch control it won’t hurt it and see the smile on your son’s face then u will b super mum talk of the school playground lol

elliot
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Tracy, welcome to the club.

I lost the love of my life 3 years ago after a brief fight with cancer.

I wish you all the best. Enjoy the drive. I am 🙂

FPM 375. MSD 350/380/400

DSC

Tractive Suspension 

howsey
    Blocked

UK - Wales

There’s a few people who have suffered loses on this site, it’s a hell of a thing. If a car can bring a little joy into your life, then what the hell, go for it. ??

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Nice sentiment Howsey, nice ?

Honorary Member

stmart
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome Racy Tracy.

Sometimes hard to find the words to reply to a post like this so for now all I’ll say is don’t be racing that RS around as your name would suggest you might.

Launch control, oh my we have us a female Lewis Hamilton on here now.

Finally there is a lot of great folk on here so you will never be short of good hints/tips and advice.

Launch control indeed.

Shell V for me 🙂

1. Stmart

warehou
    Participant

Australia

Not too racy Tracy.. you want to keep your licence… give it some stick, but go easy on your treasure

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Just Joined. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!