Keyless disable in dash settings

Home Forums Technology Security Keyless disable in dash settings

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

jimbojambojumbo
    Participant

UK - England

Well now I can add keyless off option in dash settings on any car just like the last editions had it’s a matter of updating the IPC with later firmware and RFA with later firmware and then configuring the RFA total time is around an hour and a half

rallyesport
    Participant

UK - England

is it easy Sri do or are you able to do it for me

jimbojambojumbo
    Participant

UK - England

@rallyesport its not something you can do yourself and yes I can do this but you would need to come to me in Essex you can contact me at puddlelamps@gmail.com

jimbojambojumbo
    Participant

UK - England

@jonyscam can you email me again I don’t know what’s happened but the email address you used has come through a jumble of letters and numbers and whenever I reply to it it fails  to send

18stealth
    Participant

UK - England

This method has been tested too, when switched off (keyfree), you can’t just put the key in the vehicle and press start, it sets the alarm off, unless you already trigger this another way.

Just sort the necessary for the OBD, and you have something reasonably secure, as uncle Henry intended.

Still recommend Ghost however this full proffs everything, and as already known, if the keys are pinched, the car is not!

18stealth
    Participant

UK - England

proofs*

crocket81
    Participant

UK - England

Ive done this myself  with the help of jimbo and can confirm it works absolutely fine with no issues of starting or the alarm going off, if you dont use the keyless,get it switched off

jimbojambojumbo
    Participant

UK - England

@crocket81 what he means about the alarm going off is if keyfree is disabled in dash and someone enters the car without the key the alarm will sound and the key needs to be put in the recovery position in the centre console to turn it off and start the car thereby stopping a relay theft through a broken window

crocket81
    Participant

UK - England

Ahh I see what you mean now mate, thanks for the info?

18stealth
    Participant

UK - England

Sorry for the lack of clarity.

A lot of people get paranoid, and still use bags, totally not necessary, as the car will only function to any form of keyfree activity is once it has seen the unlock command from the user on the key itself!  (Or if you place the key under the centre console as re-itterated earlier).

I believe the RFA is written this way, as I tested again more properly a friends Galaxy with only keystart.  Method used was to leave the window open and double lock.  Let it time out, enter through the window a key in one hand, and press the SS button on the dash, vehicles ignition came on.

As per paragraph one this doesn’t happen with “Jim’s” RFA update being the latest (amongst IPC flashed and programmed).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Keyless disable in dash settings. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!