Keyless protector, thoughts ?

Home Forums Technology Security Keyless protector, thoughts ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

rs-le
    Participant

UK - England

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9IhrMExnzM&feature=share

keyless protector , I’m thinking of going for it, thoughts ?

rs-le
    Participant

UK - England

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

That link don’t seem to work.

Coastliner

smokingkills
    Participant

UK - England

Looks good but pricey.  I’ll stick to my faraday pouch until they drop in price.

Zombi2
    Participant

UK - England

I thought Ford had produced something similar. You just have to take your key fob to them. Or have I dreamt it

Zombi2
    Participant

UK - England

At Asda price

AndyH
    Participant

UK - England

Just spoke to Haynes Ford (Maidstone) and they can update existing fobs to the new ones that go to sleep and not emit a signal. The cost is £285 for 2 fobs…

2018 Blue Edition

AndyH
    Participant

UK - England

Ignore my last post.

Haynes Ford just rang me back and unfortunately the update is only available on the latest Focus and Fiesta.

Ford are apparently working on a release for the Focus RS but is not available at the moment. They do not have a definitive date.

2018 Blue Edition

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

Better off disabling the keyless function on the car. Slightly less convenient, but better security.

18stealth
    Participant

UK - England

I thought Shmee would have been up on that ages ago.  With all his money, why doesn’t he have autowatch Ghost installed?

18stealth
    Participant

UK - England

One question I wanted to run past Chris Preston does anybody, was with Autowatch installed, if the key is not “cloned” “relayed” or whatever you call it to gain access, i.e broken in, I know that Ghost stops people taking the car via OBD, but can they still shut off the factory alarm as feable as it is?

Matt Little
    Participant

UK - Scotland

I bought this

The first version that I received didn’t work and I contacted the UK reseller (3D AutoKeys) and they sent a replacement.

The replacement didn’t work either and this also had to be returned (at my cost).

After returning the second one, they tested it and found it to be faulty. At this point, they noted that the first one also didn’t work but that it was physically damaged. This was news to me and they suggested that it may have been damaged by fitting (although they noted that it was “possibly …. as they are so delicate,”). At this point, they organised a refund for the purchase price (but not the cost of returning the two devices)

So, in my experience there may be a 50% failure rate or a 100% failure rate and, even if you get a “good one”, the fragility of the device means that it may apparently get damaged beyond repair when fitting.

Overall, the experience had cost me two lots of insured return postage and I have no faith in the efficacy nor the robustness of the product.

Definitely can’t recommend.

18stealth
    Participant

UK - England

Oh really?

That’s a bit stupid of them, they should have covered the postage based on the one that is not physically faulty.  failing that the damage on the unit could be covered by the insured postage?

rog
    Participant

UK - England

Disappointing review.

Matt Little
    Participant

UK - Scotland

I agree – I thought that given 1 (possibly 2) of the devices were DOA, it was a little tight not to cover the postage.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Keyless protector, thoughts ?. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!