Kill Switch / Chancing B’stards

Home Forums General Non RS Chat Kill Switch / Chancing B’stards

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

bigdave
    Participant

Australia

My neighbour has a 911 Carerra 4s and some people tried to steal it early yesterday morning, think they got scared off. It’s always garaged, so definitely targeted. Anyway, up’d my house security, added bolts to the garage roller door, now turn the roller door motor off at night, bought an entry sensor and added that to the garage door so it’ll set an alarm off if opened, and also figured out how to set and localise the house alarm to the garage (about time). I now also wrap the keys in foil, have disabled the keyless entry (all but the boot of course), and put a lock on the OBD port.

Anyway, waiting to get an immobiliser, but has anyone ever fitted a kill switch to their RS? I could wire like the image below, but would have thought you could easily connect the fuse socket connector prongs bypassing the fuse and switch and be off.

stripe
    Participant

UK - England

Glad to hear you’ve got all that security, some people are proper scumbags.

As with most car security a kill switch is more about slowing the process down and giving you time to detect it happening, rather than stopping it completely. The reality is, if someone wants to take your car enough, then they will. I’d recommend a tracker and immobilizer before a kill switch. That being said a self install kit is a good solution to a tricky problem.

Tall Paul
    Participant

UK - England

Had one behind my brake pedal on my rs2000 years ago it was a switch off a vacuum cleaner and clicked in and couldn’t be seen, I have tracker ( going to fit an apple tag when the subscription runs out) and a ghost but the Mountune map also has an immobiliser, steering wheel lock and obd port blank

Fit a master blaster to your alarm they are mains powered they won’t hang about they are too loud I’ve fitted them to armouries and they are loud!

Claymore would be handy but somewhat frowned upon

bigdave
    Participant

Australia

Reading up on the Montune map, seems like you need to re-write each time. If that’s the case then not very efficient and I wouldn’t want to keep re-writing, something will eventually go wrong. The Revo SPS sounds interesting, but a Bus immobiliser like Ghost seems a lot more hassle free.

The Apple tag seems good, lots of iPhones to connect to, but might not be that accurate.

A claymore would work, but I’m scared it might damage the paint work. Maybe i’ll just round up some local wildlife, some redback spiders, a few brown snakes, and a couple of roo’s to stand guard.

DarkHorse
    Participant

UK - England

https://www.bespokedonline.com/product-page/anti-theft-immobiliser-secret-switch

Can recommend this kill switch if that’s your preferred extra deterrent.

bigdave
    Participant

Australia

Thanks DarkHorse. I saw that one, I imagined it would be similar as the one in my first post, but best not to go into detail on here. I see they have an auto-arm one as well.

I’ll seek a professional solution, but will try to add something for now until I do.

I do like this idea https://youtu.be/fakKpn6hin8

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by bigdave.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Kill Switch / Chancing B’stards. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!