Kms section 18

Home Forums Performance Exhaust Kms section 18

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

W4RN3R
    Participant

UK - England

Has anyone heard in person a section 18 supplied by kms on a mk3? Very tempted to go down that route but not sure if it’ll be anti social loud

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

KMS Motorsport Turbo Back Exhaust “Section 18” – Focus Mk3 RS

This KMS exhaust is made in house with T304 stainless steel, mandrel bent and mig/tig welded.

The system is made in 3 inch/76.2mm pipework and retains the OE exhaust valve if required. This part replaces your full system, i.e downpipe,centre and rear sections.

Tail trim option is 5 inch slash cut.

WARNING This exhaust system is very loud as it only has a centre resonated box.

Videos available on Youtube and our Facebook page.

This product requires your standard exhaust to be cut for this to be installed, this should be carried out by a competent person.

This KMS system will enhance exhaust gas flow, reduce restriction, improve sound, performance and driveability and allow the car to gain more POWER!

The decat/sportscat may bring on your MIL (Malfunction Indicator Lamp) unless you have stage 2 software.

Please Note: An exhaust system without a catalytic converter will NOT pass a UK emission test/road side check and therefore it is not intended for road use.

Utilising the GENUINE FORD valve option, ensuring very quiet motorway cruising speeds yet getting it roar on full throttle

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

rs94
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Just had a Section 18 installed last week or so , actually has a really nice sound to it – nice low burble on idle then as you wind up slowly begins to howl, 0-2000 revs reasonable quite 2000-3000 loud but not antisocial 3000+ screams like its possessed. Depends how you drive it , love the noise it makes , the exhaust valve is a must though originally had mine bypassed , too loud without.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

video required Nathan !!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

just getting prepped for Nathans exhaust..

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

rs94
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Will see what i can do , not going to do it on the drive as my neighbors will kill me.

dan-2
    Participant

USA

Looking at that picture I’m not sure how it can be louder with the valve open as the baffle is only in the centre not between the Y piece and the valveless pipe.

rs94
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Cold Start

Exhaust Noise

rs94
    Participant

UK - Scotland

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

that cold start is LOUD !

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

rs94
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Haha Just a little , @dan-2 not sure how but yea the valve helps quite a bit , was far to loud with the thing bypassed.

s66anb
    Participant

UK - Scotland

From 8 seconds in when you give it a rev on your general video it sounds like your exhaust is blowing! Or my headphones are shit

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

on my old Dell too, it sounds like a classic case of a big hole blown in the rear silencer!

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

rs94
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Should hope not , only been on since Saturday? If you mean the back box section 18 doesn’t have one , only a small middle silencer hence why its so loud. Had a look and cant see any holes in my exhaust anyway. That and i found iPhone sound recording ain’t great.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

no, we mean it sounds like when you get an old car with a blown exhaust at the back, things just dont come over well on video, sure it sounds awesome in the skin.

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Kms section 18. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!