Knobs!!

Home Forums Styling Interior Styling Knobs!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Hello all,

Been fancying changing the gear knob in my RS for something else. I do really like the carbon ford performance knob which can be had for £99.

I also came across this site:

https://www.lathewerks.com/focus-rs-helios-piston.html

They are based in the states and do some really cool custom knobs.

Anyone used them before?

Going for the style I like I would be around $207 dollars including international shipping. This is around £160 so quite pricey.

What do you guys think?

Cheers, Neil

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

Looks nice and solid. How comfortable do you think that is though? I cant fault the performance one, plus it matches the other bits of carbon if you go for the handbrake and boost surround

440bhp

443lbft

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

My Knob is carbon….😆 one of the best upgrades in my opinion 👍

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

There’s a video of a guy on YouTube installing one and seems nice.

You can also get them in a ball style like the carbon one in different finishes aswell. Just liked the piston one as thought it looked cool and a bit different.

Carbon one is the safe bet though so I’m not sure.

Tall Paul
    Participant

UK - England

Go carbon!! Cheaper, not cold in winter

or be the only dude in U.K. with a titanium knob!! Either looks good to be fair, happy shopping

cosmic-charlie
    Participant

USA

Chris at WC Lathe werks makes amazing shift knobs. Here is mine:

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Looks superb. 👍

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

Im sure you will be happy with what ever you go for. Show us some pics when you get it

440bhp

443lbft

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@cosmic-charlie

Looks great and the style I was looking at. How long have you had it? Has it worn ok?

Chris is the guy yeah, emailed him back and forward recently.

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

You could go for the quick shift option ??

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@NEILRS2K

Evening mate..!! 👍.

They look smart as F**K pal!! I’d certainly be up for one providing they are comfortable in the hand with prolonged use….????

Now…… bring on the knob jokes lads………..??? 🤣😂.

Anyhoo, I’d like some feedback from @cosmic-charlie as to how it feels. Especially when used over a long period?? 🤣😂.. I can’t even write this without laughing…… 😂🤣😭😭😭😭..!! No matter what I want to type……. connotations are funny as F**K..!!

Seriously though…..

Prior to this COVID SHITE I was doing about 2,000 miles every 3 weeks home, AND it’s not Motorway driving up here mate, just for PURE PLEASURE, constant gear changes etc etc…. I’m never out the Motor…. always blasting about…. That’s what it was built for..!! 😬👍👌.

It may cut down the cost of the shipping slightly if we ordered 2 or more…???

@cosmic-charlie

Evening mate..!! 👍.

What’s your verdict on the Gear Knob pal?? How does it feel, and how is it lasting?? It looks solid enough… (sorry, I had to laugh myself there..🤭🤭, lol). Seriously though, how long you had it?? How many miles do you do?? …..?????

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

@cosmic-charlie , greetings!

Most concern I would have since I had metal knobs before; does it get hot?

Main reason I went with the FP CF knob.

I also had a leather/metal knob on my old LanEvo, bearable.

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@nicklulu

Evening mate..!! 👍.

What do you mean hot?? Due to the weather/climate??

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@brembo you will be fine where you are mate 👍 Don’t think you see the sun long enough…. Cold maybe another issue tho 🥶🥶 no-one like a cold knob???

cosmic-charlie
    Participant

USA

Had it for about 3 years now. Still looks new. Doesn’t get very warm or cold. Love the look.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Knobs!!. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!