KW DDC or Ford OEM Dampers

Home Forums Performance Handling KW DDC or Ford OEM Dampers

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

If Litchfield or Mountune changed the valves this would invalidate the KW Warranty.

Thus only leaving you with a Litchfield or Mountune 12 month warranty on an item they then couldn’t return to KW for a warranty issue.

But people have had warranty claims on the KW dampers from Litchfield and these under warranty have been returned to KW Germany, which wouldn’t be possible if altered by M/tune or Litchfield

Leading me to assume both the Mountune or Litchfield dampers and are just stock KW

To me it sounds right what the USA RS site is saying that all KW DDC shocks are the same, just the springs are custom to each company, which falls in line with what JWRacing mentioned its all about the spring rates on the KW DDC setup

Printout supplied by and tested by DSC from the USA RS site the curve on the KW DDC is very similar to the stock damper, the Red line is stock, Green is KW and the Blue is the Tractive.

So it’s KW “v” OEM for my money OEMs the winner by at least £2k

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

dogbone
    Participant

UK - England

Not much difference between the oem and kw dampers, in terms of dynamic range and characteristic. I wonder if these are the later oem damper data? Tractive dampers look to have a greater range all round.

Magnetic   FPM375   DSC Controller  Tractive suspension  EBC discs with Yellow Stuff

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

No these are the earlier Ford OEM dampers as the DSC guy uses his own car as the test mule.

If it was the later Ford dampers I guess the KW would of faired much worse.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

The response time I believe is similar as well at 30 m/sec, where as Tractive is 10 m/sec.  The OEM/KW are a switched type system, Tractive a variable valve.

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

@9Designs

Sorry to correct you

The Tractive shock features the patented electronic DDA Valve that has a reaction time of 6 milliseconds NOT 10 milliseconds. This is the fastest acting valve on the market.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Dam I undersold  again…. LOL

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

All KW-DDC shock seem to be exactly the same apart from the springs

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

So the curve an the KW is near identical to the Ford OEM shock and the valve reaction time is identical to the Ford OEM at 30 m/s why would you over a DSC controller???

The biggest benefit the KW’s have are perfectly matched springs, well they should be for springs costing £2.5k and a lot of raising or lowering options.

I think one of the best cost effective options on suspension for the Mk3 Focus RS Mk3 are the later dampers with MT / H&R / Eibach / Whiteline etc and a DSC controller.

This I think the later Ford OEM is one of the better options out their but you have a myriad of traditional coil overs from Öhlins/ H&R / Eibach and loads more which range from £800 to £4.5k

Purchasing a controller and using it for say 2 years if you sell your car and then sell the controller you’ll get almost all your money back and how many Performance parts used can you say that about ?

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Quick lock the thread…..     oh sorry wrong forum    ROFL

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

more blatant upping the product, is that idiot on commission or something?

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Oh and here’s me thinking a Forum was for posting your views, experiences and opinions on the car in question.

idiot me for trying to stop people wasting £2.5k on a glorified OEM shock that is KW

Hmmmm 71BDA if you’ve nothing positive to say about the thread just FUCK OFF and book your next South  China Sea holiday.

From The Idiot x

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Look GIMP, as many people noticed on the other forum, its just a feeble attempt by you at comparing OEM dampers to KW in order to make the KW ones look crap so that your best mate can sell more Tractive and DSC, do you think people cannot see through what you posted, identical posts on two Focus RS Forums titled OEM versus KW ?? its pathetic. I see that thread was locked down as folk were fed up with the rubbish. What has KW dampers got to do with you? why so bothered about them? you are happy with your £5000  suspension so why talk about KW and compare to OEM dampers?  just to big up tractive and 9 designs retail opportunities. get over your self.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Mdc
    Participant

UK - England

?  Not again come on guys.

Mountune 375 FMP mountune v3 M Flaps Forged wheels painted calipers Gel inserts Door protectors clim air Sony upgrade shells ? immobiliser 5yr Ford warranty BIG FAT FORGED IN THE BOOT.HG recall sorted no drama.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

MDC, if some w anchor was going around saying you wrecked peoples engines, went to philpines for young children, and all manner of stuff would you let it go? I told him to cut it out and said that I would leave it there, but no, he starts off again and on the other forum where he knows I’m not a member so can’t defend myself.

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

Mdc
    Participant

UK - England

71-bda not nice mate.Not taking sides just it spoils some good reads on here and your both obviously very knowledgeable guys.

Mountune 375 FMP mountune v3 M Flaps Forged wheels painted calipers Gel inserts Door protectors clim air Sony upgrade shells ? immobiliser 5yr Ford warranty BIG FAT FORGED IN THE BOOT.HG recall sorted no drama.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to KW DDC or Ford OEM Dampers. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!